Author Topic: Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania  (Read 17672 times)

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.lioby.com
Re: Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2007, 07:09:08 AM »
I cashed David's check on saturday, and my bank has not charged me back for it to date(7 days later). I assume that means that it cleared.

So, the status of my order is canceled and refunded.

Rick

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Cannon-Mania
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:55 AM »
People who who have Complaints against  Cannon Mania and there status of their complaint.
  • Reddog posted 03012006  Order filled
  • Tropico posted 03012006 trunnions caps- Order still outstanding- has abandoned hope of resolution
  • Dictator reported 030106 Musket lock Status unknown
  • Rickk reported 030106 Ball mould- order cancelled, Refund paid
  • Charcoal Burner reported 031006 mould Status unknown
  • Cruffler Steve reported 04192006 due refund
  • Zuess_DD reported 113006 cannon Status unknown
  • CivilCannon reported 120406 Paid Cannon order/exchange Order not filled Compliant filed with CT AG
  • dobber reported 05212007 that he ordered a cannon 11012006 Status unknown
  • Radio2 reported 01172007 cannon orderded Status unknown

No flaming. It's not permitted on this board!

All links to Cannon Mania's Website have been removed. Clicking on the Cannon Mania links now lead to this post. Additonally a post has been added to the Resource List listing Cannon Mania as a company that is is not recommend to do business with because of poor Customer Service.  Linkage in that post also leads to this post.  An additional thread on Cannon Mania poor service is found at Cannon Mania

If you are on this list please post an update.  I also suggest you attempt another contact this week with cannon mania to see if you can get your order resolved.  Be sure and include copies of any documentation you have of your order.  Cannon Mania is very aware of this post and has made inquiries about having the warning remove from his link. If he has resolved your issue it's only fair that you report that. 

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
I appear to be one of the few who never had any issues with Dave. I only made 2 maybe 3 purchases from him though.

I'm not sure but in America I believe you can sue someone for ruining your image or reputation. I think someone with knowledge of the law should look into this. This is my home page and the best cannonneering site I've found to date and I would hate to lose this place.

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »
...in America I believe you can sue someone for ruining your image or reputation.

In modern America, you can sue anyone for anything whether you are right or wrong, and as long as the defendant has a million dollars at risk, you will find some contingency lawyer who will take your case.  Used to be that you had to be saying or printing erroneous statements about someone to be at risk but even that is no longer the case since emotional juries make decisions based on feelings instead of reason.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2007, 02:51:04 PM »
Aint that the scary truth!

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2007, 03:01:37 PM »
I don't think we were tarnishing his reputation, just stating the facts.

For instance, I finally got my refund, and I clearly stated that fact.

Offline Double D

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
I'm not sure but in America I believe you can sue someone for ruining your image or reputation. I think someone with knowledge of the law should look into this. This is my home page and the best cannonneering site I've found to date and I would hate to lose this place.

Yep you can sue anyone for anything, but you gotta win.  You can only win by convinving a jury that everything that was said is false or exaggerated.

Go back and read the entire thread. There is no name calling or other defamatory action.  People are simply reporting their experience of poor customer service and we are posting the results of the attempts to get satisfaction. 

Also, there are 10 persons reporting dissatisfaction with Cannon Mania.  Do you think those are the only dissatisffied customers cannon mania has?  Further Cannon mania has admitted there were some problems. He claims  there were problems with suppliers of ball mould and trunnion cap but all customers have been taken care of.  We know that to be not correct. Look at our list.

We are also serving as a consumer watchdog, a consumer whistleblower if you will.  Just how far do you rhink he is going to get with a jury. No suing any one is the last thing he wants.

When all issues are resolved, we may have to rethink our position here.  We may have to remove the warning link. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Offline Double D

« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2007, 07:24:24 PM »
Order still outstanding - Yea I havent heard a word from him.
I am sure he wont contact me at this point.

Tropico are you still going to try and get resolution?  Or, can I mark you as abandoning your claim?

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
You can mark mine as abandoned., I have a work in progress with a board member for these and other items.

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »
The Cannon-Mania establishment owner got himself and his company in deep shi* with many many customers mostly due to very poor or perhaps non-existent communication skills.  Only MY opinion.  He has/had some nice stuff but I will never risk my money or patience with him again!!.
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline radio2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2007, 03:35:06 PM »
You can put me down as case closed as my credit card co refunded me after I filed a claim and no reply from cannon mania

Offline Double D

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2007, 04:55:17 PM »
 People who who have Complaints against  Cannon Mania and there status of their complaint.
  • Tropico posted 03012006 trunnions caps- Order still outstanding- has abandoned hope of resolution
  • Charcoal Burner reported 031006 mould Status unknown
  • Cruffler Steve reported 04192006 due refund
  • Zuess_DD reported 113006 cannon Status unknown
  • CivilCannon reported 120406 Paid Cannon order/exchange Order not filled Compliant filed with CT AG
  • Radio2 reported 01172007 cannon orderded 11132006 no response from CM, filed claim viacredit card company, full credit recieved

All links to Cannon Mania's Website have been removed. Clicking on the Cannon Mania links now lead to this post. Additonally a post has been added to the Resource List listing Cannon Mania as a company that is is not recommend to do business with because of poor Customer Service.  Linkage in that post also leads to this post.  An additional thread on Cannon Mania poor service is found at Cannon Mania

If you are on this list please post an update.  I also suggest you attempt another contact this week with cannon mania to see if you can get your order resolved.  Be sure and include copies of any documentation you have of your order.  Cannon Mania is very aware of this post and has made inquiries about having the warning remove from his link. If your issue is resolved it's only fair that you report it. 

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:02 PM »
Let me add a little emphasis to that.

It may be that you're done with them; on the other hand if you have an active issue with them it is only fair to (OK AGAIN) try to contact them and resolve the issue.

Aparently they cannot figure out who y'all are from the posts on this board.  SO if the complaints are legitimate - and not just some flaming from their "competitors", get in touch with them.

IF there is no response from them on a legitimate complaint THAT needs to be reported too.  Life is a two way street.

They report the complaints are but a SMALL percentage of their customers.  The complaints need to be addressed.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2007, 02:00:25 PM »
They report the complaints are but a SMALL percentage of their customers.

If true, that should make taking care of them pretty easy.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2007, 02:14:53 PM »
They report the complaints are but a SMALL percentage of their customers.

If true, that should make taking care of them pretty easy.

EXACTLY.  I look at the issue of not being able to identify anyone as a customer a SIMPLE issue of sending a PM or posting a note PUBLICLY for them to get in touch!

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Double D

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
Cannon-Mania,

If you have read this thread from start to finish you know that this is a long running complaint. I know when the first complaint aired I sent you an email and asked you to respond. You ignored my email way back then.  Now you are here.  We welcome you.  We are glad to have you.

Hopefully we can get these matters resolved.

In order to respond to these posts you simply need to click on the reply button and start typing. 

Board regulars, CW and I have received the following message from Cannon Mania via the report to Moderator button.

Cannon-Mania has thousands of customers. We realize we are losing business because of the treads & warnings you've posted on your site. We can't verify these as the emails and screen names don't match any of our records. They could be from our competition for all we know, (and for all you know). We cont 7 complaints. That's less than .05% of our customers. We request these treads and warnings be removed from your website within 24 hours.

I take this as a sincere effort on Cannon Mania’s  part to resolve these outstanding issues.

Cannon Mania has expressed some concern that the folks making the claim are his competitors.  I don't believe that to be true.   The problem with people in the business is that they can't resist advertising, even subtly.  When they do that we make them sign up as sponsors or ban them for the board.  Only paid sponsor may advertise on our board.

If you read the post very carefully you will see that we have been very careful to make people document what they have done to resolve these matters. We have also made them be civil in the process.

Screen names, yes we use screen names.  The wide open wild wild west world wide web mandates that.  Posting your name is just asking to get spammed or worse.  But we do have ways to reach each every person here and you can use them too.   

Under each users name are some Icons.  This is the Instant Message icon    This is the email Icon   To use them simply click on the icon and you will be able to communicate directly with everyone here.  You can also go to IM section of this board and simply by typing in the person board name send them a message.  So we are not totally anonymous.

I am a bit troubled by one line in you message.

We request these treads and warnings be removed from your website within 24 hours.

That is an ultimatum and intimidation.  We are open to discussion on this board, polite discussion.  Ultimatums are not a good way to start a dialogue.  Intimidation violates the board rules and will get you banned.  I will overlook it this time since you are new to the board.

So in order to start a polite discussion lets change your statement to say:

We request these treads and warnings be removed from your website.

Now this we can discuss this.   I might also make you aware that like you we also have a customer base. There are  about 22,000 people here. All are potential customer.  Not all post .  But I can assure a tremendous amount more lurk in the back ground and are reading this.

Here what I suggest you do.  Go to the list of complainants last up dated on September 22 and send each person with a complaint a message and ask how you can resolve their complaint.  When I up dated that list the 22nd, I sent each person an email asking for the current status on their complaint. Not all have responded yet.

Now to the  regulars on the board the board,  should Cannon-mania respond I remind you all to be polite and follow the board rules.  No flaming. It's not permitted on this board!

Let me repeat that: No flaming. It's not permitted on this board!

Offline Double D

« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »
In the interest of fairness...

One thing I have always insisted on in this thread is that we try to deal with facts.  I have insisted that any complaint be first party.  I also insisted that you take some action on you own. No  "I heard" Complaints,  No email to the moderator compliants. You post and you keep us up dated 

Each time I have updated the list, I sent out an email and an IM  to the parties complaining asking them topost an update as to the status of their complaint.  The last two time, I did not get a 100% response.  That's not right.   This evening I will send out one more set of Email/PM's to those who have not responded.  And it will contain an ultimatum---a polite one.  If you do not up date your to complaint;  outstanding-resolved-abandoned then it will be deleted.  You have to take some initiative in this also.   

Offline Double D

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2007, 05:02:39 AM »
  • Zuess_DD reported 113006 cannon 12252006 Cannon-Mania provide alternate cannons of equal value
  • Radio2 reported 01172007 cannon orderded 11132006 no response from CM, filed claim viacredit card company, full credit recieved

Zuess_DD sent me a email this morning saying a month after posting his complaint  Cannon-Mania made everything right by providing alternate cannons from stock.

Offline Double D

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2007, 08:47:09 AM »
Okay I have sent the following message to all those on the list who have reported unresolved issue with Cannon Mania.

dobber

In the Cannon Mania post you are listed as still having a XXXXXXXX order with Cannon Mania.

In the interest of absolute fairness, can you advise the current status of your unfilled order.

Have you received your order?

If you have not received your order have you received a refund or credit back?

If you have not received your order have you in the past month contacted Cannon Mania for resolution?

If you have not received your order are willing to provide me with your order number so I may make an inquiry?

I you do not respond to this message by October 1, I will delete you from the list of complainants without explanation.

Douglas B. Dickens
Co Moderator
Graybeards Outdoors
Black Powder Mortar and  Cannon forum
www.GBOCannons.com

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,87613.0.html

Offline CrufflerSteve

• Avid Poster
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2007, 08:54:21 AM »
In the Cannon Mania post you are listed as still having a custom item  on order with Cannon Mania.
In the interest of absolute fairness, can you advise the current status of your unfilled order.
Have you received your order?
If you have not received your order have you received a refund or credit back?

No. After numerous emails & phone calls, a threat to pursue a credit dispute got a response. Mr Ross sent a stock item of lesser value and promised a refund check which never was seen. I assume your activity lead to an email from Mr. Ross today.

If you have not received your order have you in the past month contacted Cannon Mania for
resolution?

Of course not. Why beat a dead horse? This was long ago. Personally I hope Mr. Ross' next business venture involves cleaning toilets but thieves happen. I'm too busy to crusade for small change.

If you have not received your order are willing to provide me with your order number so I may make
an inquiry?
I you do not respond to this message by October 1, I will delete you from the list of complainants
without explanation.
Douglas B. Dickens

Mr. Dickens, I think I'll add you to list along with Mr. Ross to whom I do not send Christmas cards. Your tone is quite arrogant and high handed. I jump to it when my boss asks me since I like getting paid. I don't sit at home waiting for orders from here. I've recently moved and the computer with all this data is somewhere in the basement and I have better things to do than set it up now. Maybe later in October.

Feel free to delete my complaint if this isn't satisfactory. Feel free to delete me from Graybeard's.

Steve

Offline Double D

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
Thanks Steve for getting back to us.  I will pass your wishes to Graybeard.  Sorry we weren't able to help you.  Sorry for the deadline but since I sent the personal messages 5 day ago and made daily request for updates we had to do something about the listing from people weren't responding.

As per your request your listing is removed. 

• Dictator reported 030106 Musket lock order filled 8 weeks after reporting here
  • Zuess_DD reported 113006 cannon 12252006 Cannon-Mania provide alternate cannons of equal value

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »
I just got a request from David @ CM today requesting information regarding my order that " fell through the cracks" so I told the same story for about the 4th time and sent order no's dates and amounts to David in the amount of $ 725.00 due me. I guess we will see what happens;

Thanks Civilcannon

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2007, 09:17:32 AM »
I just got a request from David @ CM today requesting information regarding my order that " fell through the cracks" so I told the same story for about the 4th time and sent order no's dates and amounts to David in the amount of $ 725.00 due me. I guess we will see what happens;

Thanks Civilcannon

The thanks go to Graybeard for allowing us to keep this post up, to Douglas for the work he does in keeping this up (of which you see a small part posted here) and his steadfast belief in C.M. to reconcile these issues.

Keep us posted!

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:39 AM »
I too got a letter from David Ross today., 2 of them., I replied with most of the details to what happened..., then he wanted me to basically elaborate again?..., he knows what happened., I have LOTS of phone calls to his establishment.,that i can prove.., I do actually clean toilets for a living I own Rich's rooter service ., so  I keep phone records as my phone bill is deductible..., I have LOTS of calls to him.., at my expense ., I started to respond to him on my 2nd reply  ., and decided i will get back to him in a  year and 9 months.

He asks if I have still have the same email and that it appears to be the same as my first order  (Which he used to contact me with today)....., is he stupid or something? He is playing dumb..., so i gotta play dumb to him..., Its just me.., If someone acts stupid I feel I need to treat them stupid...., that way they can understand it better......, savvy?

I too have moved on with my life and will always give him poor marks and advise people to stay away from him as a way to guarantee you don't get screwed.  If you don't risk your money on him you cant lose it too him..., I am not saying he would rip you off..., that wouldn't be PC  .., so I am not claiming he would..., what i am saying is ., if you dont give him the opportunity too., then he cant possibly screw you..., does that sound ok?  There are plenty of vendors ., i will gladly work with..., someone with whom i can correspond with.

Mr.Ross is definitely someone I cannot correspond with., and many others here cannot either.., so that stands as he is not good to crrespond with ., therefore not good to buy from..., for me.  He also shows lots of other peoples cannons...., so perhaps he makes them..., but I doubt it...., so why would I want  to go thru a 2nd party ?  I rather buy from the maker., thats just my .02 .  I realize we need to keep the post straight. So all in all I guess I have had a long time to contemplate this situation (1 year and 9 months) and have come to my own thoughts about his business practices .

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
I may be mistaking, Mr. Ross user name (cannon-mania) has become a member of this forum and I'm sure he has read all the posting of this thread and not once has he step on the soap box in attempt to clear his name of all complaints listed and or not listed...

Offline Double D

« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
I am now going to clear the list of all resolved complaints.  Six have been resolved. Four are still outstanding. One has been removed at the complainants request. Three are still listed on our board.  The plan of action is, unless directed otherwise by higher authority, once we get resolution to the three complaints  is to relink Cannon Mania on the resource list  and take down the do not do buisiness with post.  This thread will not be deleted. It's historical. It will be allowed to float down the board into oblivion.

I do truely believe  this thread has served it's purpose. Cannon Mania is now talking to you guys.  Please cooperate with him.  At least send him your order number and let him work on it.  You aren't realy letting him off the hook.  You are letting me off the hook.  This whole issue has  been a royal pain for me. But I get satisfaction in knowing that I have helped you guys.

I truely believe my original observation about Cannon-mania is correct, he's a cannon guy and not a business man.  I truely beleive he wants to make this right.    So, I also get some satisfaction in knowing that maybe, just maybe we have got his attention and he now knows he needs to pay attention.  Let's face it, he  has  some neat stuff.  I can make a lot of the stuff he sells, but it is a whole lot easier sometimes just to order it.

People who who have Complaints against  Cannon Mania and the status of their complaint.

[/quote]

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2007, 12:41:46 AM »
I may be mistaking, Mr. Ross user name (cannon-mania) has become a member of this forum and I'm sure he has read all the posting of this thread and not once has he step on the soap box in attempt to clear his name of all complaints listed and or not listed...

It would be a very positive thing to see a resonse or to from him HERE.
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »
The plan of action is, unless directed otherwise by higher authority, once we get resolution to the three complaints  is to relink Cannon Mania on the resource list  and take down the do not do buisiness with post. 

I am curious is Cannon-Mania a site sponsor and if not ., givin his previous performance ., Why should he be on the resource list?  Your not thinking robbing someone of 750.00 worth of cannon and getting a state attorney involved as well as the other complaints is some sort of an accident or mis-communication are you?  Just because things may be sort of resolved doesn't necessarily mean he should be able to grace the pages of GBO and then possibly pull this sort of behavior again?   I know this doesnt sound real forgiving on my part ., however as adults one should know better than to treat people this way ., our character isnt something that changes much as we age., we are who we are., probably D.R. is who he is. Its not my forum ., but I wouldnt give him a listing.

Offline Double D

« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »
One more resolved. Tropico order is cancelled and he is out no money.  Thanks Tropico, who says Pirates a are bad people.  Still only Civil Cannon and dobber to hear from.

People who who have Complaints against  Cannon Mania and the status of their complaint.

Offline Double D

« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »
The plan of action is, unless directed otherwise by higher authority, once we get resolution to the three complaints  is to relink Cannon Mania on the resource list  and take down the do not do buisiness with post. 

I am curious is Cannon-Mania a site sponsor and if not ., givin his previous performance ., Why should he be on the resource list?  Your not thinking robbing someone of 750.00 worth of cannon and getting a state attorney involved as well as the other complaints is some sort of an accident or mis-communication are you?  Just because things may be sort of resolved doesn't necessarily mean he should be able to grace the pages of GBO and then possibly pull this sort of behavior again?   I know this doesnt sound real forgiving on my part ., however as adults one should know better than to treat people this way ., our character isnt something that changes much as we age., we are who we are., probably D.R. is who he is. Its not my forum ., but I wouldnt give him a listing.

No Cannon Mania is  not a sponsor.

Good question about the Resource list.

The resource list was started right after Tim and I opened the board.  People always wanted to know "where do I get..."  So we started collecting links. It's a link list and nothing more.  Each time we hear of a new cannon source it's added to the bottom of the list.   

Apparently a lot people know about and use the resource list.  For a long time it was the most viewed post on GBO---The handy Rifle guy have since taken over that niche. 

Right  now if you click on Cannon Mania's link on the Resource list you are redirected to this thread.  Cannon Mania is not the first one to be "annotated".  But the others took care of business and made things right real fast. Let me tell you, people know when they get "annotated"  We have removed one also becauses of  "wormy website".  When they fixed their website they were relisted.  We have also removed a couple because they just went away.  The problem with not having people on the list we get inundated with email with "hey what about..."  It's better to have them on the list as a known entity than have them off as an unknown.  When all of the issues reported in this thread are taken care of I will repost the link to Cannon Mania website and take down the warnings.

"You" , the Cannoneer bears some responsiblity in this scheme.  Before you send your hard earned money off to some website do your research.  Start by asking a question right here on this board. "Hey Guys anybody ever done business with Joe Schmuckatellys Cannon Works?"  Someone will answer.

There have been problems reported with some of the folks on that list.  If you do your research you will find them.  The posts about them all still exist on this board. You wil have to look to find them, but they are there.  All of those problems have been resolved.  The Cannon Mania issue is 80% resolved.  I truely believe if the two guys still listed check in their issues will be resolved also. 

I suppose  it would be appropriate right here, as a reminder to post the caveat that is at the top of the Resource list. Read it and heed it guys.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Contact these sites for information about their products before ordering. Dealers may not update their sites frequently. Dealers may list products that they no longer have and may have products not listed. It’s best to send them an email or make a phone call to inquire about what they have before ordering. On large websites use the website’s search function to find what you are looking for or use your browser find function to search.

Do your research, before  you order.  Query the Companies on http://www.google.com .  Use the Search function on GBO. Find out what is being said about the companies before ordering..  Make sure you know who you are dealing with and where they are before ordering..  Get contact information, including email address, business addresses, and telephone numbers, before ordering.

Before  you send money, communicate with the company.  Ask about delivery dates, back order and stock availability.  Lock down delivery dates.  If possible, pay with a credit card or postal money order.  Don’t send cash, grocery store money orders or cashiers checks.  Keep records of every contact and transaction.

Keep in mind that a lot of these products are unique items.  You won't find them at Wal-Mart.  The items are often hand made by craftsmen who work out of their garage.  These people often have a real job and work on these products in their spare time. It is time consuming and costly to set up and make these articles.   Be patient.

I can not vouch for the reliability of any of these sites.  You must deal with them with caution.  I am only providing this list a resource.