Author Topic: Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania  (Read 17675 times)

Offline Charcoal Burner

• Trade Count: (0)
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »
Made contact with Cannon-Mania today and informed them that they had several disgruntled customers on this board, He said that they were going through some transitions ,( that happens occasionally) He seemed concerned about my order and took my phone # and told me that they would look into it,,I have ordered from them in the past with no problems so hopefully this will help,,,
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then,

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 07:42:07 AM »
Well thats good news! Thanks charcoalburner.
"Catch A cannonball, now take me down the line. My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time."

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Spoke to David earlier this week...
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »
Seem to be a nice enough guy , but seem to be unsure about my orders could not give a straight answer when I should expecting my delivery  I had placed 6 weeks ago . Hope I'll get them before spring begins...

EL

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »
did he call you back?

Offline Charcoal Burner

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 01:38:45 PM »
not yet,,
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then,

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »
:D Hi all, I got my ball mold today!!! It took 2 months 4 days. It took A long time but it was well worth the wait, The ball mold I got was fantastic. The mold comes with A C-clamp type vise-grip with the mold halves pinned into the vise-grip jaws.(not anything like the pics on their website) Very nice work!. Like I said it took along time, for anyone thats still waiting for an order from Cannon- Mania Its well worth the Wait. Thanks agian this forum is the best, Oh they gave me A free roll of fuse too!!!
"Catch A cannonball, now take me down the line. My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time."

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »
Can you post some pictures of the mould?

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »
I uploaded A couple of pics to the GBO Photo Album of my ball mold, but how do I get them to the BPM&C page?

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 03:00:22 PM »

For details, read "How to post a picture?"  Since you already have your pictures posted, you can ignore the first paragraph.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:16 PM »
Thanks GGaskill for posting my pics!!! I figured out  how to do the url just now, but its getting late, gotta go to bed.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 02:50:28 AM »
Nice rig!

That looks like my original handle for my 1.125" mold from JT Moulds. I used the smaller sized Vice-Grip with the long jaws because, well, it's what I had. I think if I had used the standard sized Vice-Grip I would still be using them, the small ones proved difficult to manipulate with heavy gloves.

The mold is made of brass and the workmanship is excellent. And it was made and delivered FAST, especially considering that it came from England!

I have, however, tried several times recently to log onto the JT website and the link no longer works. Does anyone know if they have gone out of business? That would be a shame.

I've since adapted a set of large Lee handles to the mold. I don't have any photos of that rig, but I will take a photo and post it as soon as I get a chance.

Offline claypipe

• Http://www.handgonne.com
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 03:29:37 AM »
Jeff's site  worked fine for me.

http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/

Offline Terry C.

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 03:56:41 AM »
Thanks claypipe, you have helped me diagnose my problem.

Going to the Ball & Cannon Moulds page from the home page you listed, I get this URL:

http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/moulds.htm

This is the old URL I have saved on my computer, which is the same as the one in the Where to find... section (that one doesn't work anymore either, BTW). Identical except for one letter:

http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/moulds.html

The change from *.html to *.htm killed the links.

Mods, can one of you please edit the link in the Where to find... section?

Offline Double D

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 04:04:20 AM »
10-4 will do!!!

Offline Terry C.

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »
Here is a photo of my JT mold as it is now. It has cast a LOT of balls.

These are the large Lee handles intended for their six-cavity bullet molds. They did require a slight modification to fit properly, but it was easy and the instructions were included with the mold:

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 01:33:42 PM »
8 weeks to the day since I gave Cannon-Mania my money, and I ain't seen mine yet .

Maybe he like you more than he likes me :-(

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Update
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »
I finally recieved my cannon on friday ....

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »
:music: Nice mould you got there Terry, I just cast my first balls today. Once the mould got hot the balls came out great. Rickk, give it a couple more days, I think he just got his inventory up to date( I hope??) Let me know if you get your order or not. And EL I'm glad to here you got your cannon, how do you like it?

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Boy she can scream
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
Made her speak over the weekend boy she has a set of lungs .

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »
nothin yet Reddog... left another message on his answering machine today.

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »
Sorry to here that Rick. You paid hard earned money, you should get what you paid for!! Maybe if we start e-mailing him A LOT!!! together we might get his attention! :evil:

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2006, 07:55:13 AM »
been a week since I left messages on his answering machine... same response as my e-mails... none.

Does anyone else still have anything indefinitely on order with this guy, or is it just me that he has singled out?

Offline Double D

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 08:44:37 AM »
Rick,

Have you cconsidered taking adrive down to there shop?

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 01:09:20 PM »
He appears to have no shop. His web site says he does not have one at the moment. There is no address on the web site that I could find.

I did do a reverse lookup on his phone number and have his home address. I drive a V-10 poweed F350 Supercab dually flatbed, so it would run me about $50 in gas round trip, plus the time (2 hours each way).... just not worth it.

If I do have a reason to be in his neighborhood I will swing by and introduce myself. Otherwise, it looks like he has my money, and the reputation that goes with it.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »
My 2 sets of bronze trunnion caps (Square caps) are still on order as far as I know  :-D  I have never cancelled the order and gave up calling back in early February., no sense in paying triple the cost of the caps in long distance phone bills for an answering machine and rude business practises.  I am sure at this point they would not come., however if they did I would dispute it with Capital One., and I would win., and he would get them back UPS COD. I have moved on and made them myself. Also I encourage everyone I chat too., everywhere I go when cannon topics come up., to avoid this man like the plague.  He just orders stuff anyway he doesnt build it.

If you really want a good cannon., The regulars on this board and a few other well known Cannon-making companies., will happily get you what you want. My thanks to the machinists on this board .
Cheers to you all !!!

Offline Double D

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
Well here is the Page that has the shop info. Cannon-Mania[/color].

It does say the shop is closed for the Season.

The main store is on East Main.

And he another at Captains Cove Marina

There may be simple reason for the way they are doing business. Two come to mind, both are health.  Health of the owner and health of the business.

It's time for documentation it sounds like.

Polite letter of inquiry, copy of original order and proof of payment. Mailed return reciept requested. See what happens.

I wouldn't wait on the guy.  I would check in with our sponsors and order your mould from one of them.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 02:37:19 PM »
Another mold already on order from one of the regulars here... as for "main street", I havn't a clue what town he is talkin about for sure, and I saw the part about being closed for the season.

I do plan on a return reciept letter, will have to send it to his home address I guess.

Does anyone here know the guy, or know for sure what is up with him?

Offline reddog

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »
Rickk, Tropico, I feel for you guys. I dont know why you did not get your orders. It's defenitly NOT good business on his part! I would send A certified letter asking for your money back. This way he has to sign to recieve it, if he doesn't its proof for your credit card company. And to think, I was gonna order another cannon from him!! Maybe not!! I would like to see this issue resolved one way or another.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »
As a business owner I still have to say the business practices of someone whos phone is on (They are paying the Bill health or not) is almost in phone screening mode? and as far as that web site of his If he is not taking orders for health reason or something he should post it.  And to take credit card orders and then disapear is wrong..., No I have to go with deadbeat. What ever happens., even if he magically re-appears and makes everyone happy., He is black balled from my money either way.

I just have a strong feeling on playing quick and straight., even if you dont get them item., quick to respond with an answer is nice and makes for a smooth transaction.. If his health was bad how could anyone explain the intermittant taking calls then not., since November without the responsible measure of shutting it down till you can be responsible?

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Just bombard him !!!
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »
With phone calls and Emails I place three seperate orders with David Ross of cannon-mania My First order was 1/6 scale cannon and garrison with took two months . The second order was micro mortar & sled kit which suprisingly arrive 3 days . Then my final purchase was 30.cal dahlgren naval kit in which I haven't recieved yet and thats been about nine weeks . I've placed several phone and Emails with no reponses I will continue doing the same until I get a result  . Everyone who has the same problem should do the same . Just let him know how we here are feeling about his poor business practice .  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x