Author Topic: I was out of line and now am out of a membership as a result  (Read 1518 times)

Offline shooterx

• Trade Count: (0)
I was out of line and now am out of a membership as a result
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:44:52 AM »
51 people looked at my post and not 1 responce.  I must be doing it right then.  All you so called "experts" have nothing to say??  Well thanks!!!

Yeah guys that was a bit of creative editing on my part in the title but it tells the story of this former member. Graybeard
Posts were out of line. Seems to be nothing but a trouble maker. Deactivated 3-3-06

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
I was out of line and now am out of a membe
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 09:57:23 AM »
Well... I would never claim to be an expert. However, If you have to hold your gun high obscuring the target with your barrel in order to score hits your gun is shooting low not high.  This could be caused by many things including poor stock fit for your physique, improper mounting of the shotgun to your shoulder, cheek to stock weld and/or lifting your head at the shot.  Could be the barrel also.  Has anyone else shot the gun with similar results? Do a search of "barrel burnishing". This will often improve a shotguns spread as well as shooting to POA.   What can I say, if 51 people looked and no one replied maybe it's not a common problem.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:02:18 AM »
I am no expert, but I know you are out of line!  

If no one responds to your post, it's because either they don't understand the question, or don't have any help to offer.  

As for your original question, in my limited experience shooting trap, I've always covered the clay with the bead.   Now this has been with a 870 and not a Handi, and that is why I didn't reply when I first read your post.

I think you should retract this post and post an apology in it's place.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:26:13 AM »
I went back and read your original question shooterx.  I have two older NEF Pardner shotguns.  One is a 20 gauge and the other a 12 gauge.  My 20 gauge shoots a hair high with the brand of ammo I use in it.  My 12 does the opposite (low) again with the brand ammo I use.  I don't think anything is wrong with either gun.  I haven't tried to shoot other brands of ammunition out of them yet to find which will match the gun.

I'd ignore any raspberries "Club members" are giving you about using an inexpensive single shot.  I'm proud myself to be different from most folks.  I don't like to "Jump on the band wagon" just because somethings popular.

Chuck

Offline Critter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 01:30:47 PM »
With an attitiude like this I hope you miss every dang target you shoot at.  Not the behavior I would have expected out of a Navy man.

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »
shooterx,

I beleive you have opened a can of worms with your attitiude and follow  RackWrangler advise.
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »
There are a lot of people that visit and browse this site, and I'm talking about members and non members alike.
If I am not mistaken, everyone that clicks on a thread adds another to the count. So you have to consider, then,  that maybe only a handful of actual members..the ones that actively post..read your thread, while quite possibily the majority that read it weren't posters.
Though I admit..not a good way to start off and make a name for yourself here :?
-Aaron

Offline jgalar

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 05:29:49 PM »
I'll give some advice for what its worth. I never saw your original post as I seldom look at the H&R forums.
You want a gun to shoot high for shooting trap because the birds are rising. What will work is installing a Morgan pad on your gun. The pad adjusts up and down to change where the stock fits to your cheek. Install the Morgan pad on the gun and place a couple of quarters on the back of the barrel. Adjust the pad so that when you mount the gun the bead just sits on the top of the quarters. This should get you close to where you can keep the bird in sight above the bead.
You could also build up the stock using moleskin. I'm talking about the stuff you buy for your feet. Cut and install increasing sizes on the stock to build it up. It will work fine, but doesn't look so hot.
Here is a Morgan pad for sale at Cabelas...
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0003682220713a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=morgan+pad&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.22&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=morgan+pad&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

Offline TexOneShot

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 05:16:18 AM »
Okay so this is an apology for any feathers that got ruffled.  I meant no harm in the post.  I think that maybe a warning could have been issued to allow me to re-tract my statements.  I was only looking for some help, and after a few days of not getting it, I felt that you guys were treating me the same way as the guys I shoot with.  All I was looking for was acceptance.  I'll go some place else, thank you for all the knowledge that you have shared and I'll miss not coming here.

ShooterX

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 05:41:14 AM »
Get a load of this guy will ya.  First he insults us then gets miffed because we take offence to it.  Sounds like someone needs a copy of How To Win Friends & Influence People.  :-D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 12:39:41 PM »
I'm not sure the reason but there seems to be a lot of problems here in the last couple of months, from the site slowing and occasionally dying to things like the spellcheck feature disappearing and now the loss of the old and great calassified sections to some conglomeration of all things from all forums, a bad step as I see it. People are unhappy and upset The new (now gone) guy in this thread made a mistake I guess, apologized and evidently it was not accepted. We are losing members, responses and posts are slowing down, and now instead of helping a prospective new site member we are shoving him off...what the heck is happening to this site that I have grown to love? It is certainly not the friendly, happy and convienent place it was a couple of months ago, and that makes me sad....<><.... :(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 07:00:15 PM »
Perhaps that's why you feel so much at home at your new home. Seems the ONLY reason you come here is to bitch and complain these days. Why are you still talking about things that are history? We've not had any site problems in several days. Get over it. It happens to all sites from time to time.

If you want to be here fine participate and enjoy. If all you want to do is bitch and complain how bad it is here they go back to your new found home with the dozen or so folks who left and good riddance to you and them. Matt and I both have better things to do than worry about a few trouble makers.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TexOneShot

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 09:10:19 AM »
Wow, I'm so glad to see fellas gettin along.  I probably will get shut out again but thats okay.  I think MSP is right.  The way to help the sport isn't by kicking people out.  I thought you were all men and I guess I hit a sensitive spot.  Why not ask me to explain myself or even to retract the statement??  Or you could just cry and hit the delete key which is the "right thing to do."

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 10:01:06 AM »
TexOneShot

You couldn’t just let things lie.

You announced your new name, and were allowed to stay active.  GB knew who you were and could have ended that account as well, but chose not to.  You apologized like a man and took your lumps.  

Instead of thanking him by leaving this alone, you fire off jabs.  Who is acting like the adult and who is acting like the child?

If you still have an account (or choose to activate another one) you might be well served to heed this warning.

This is Graybeard’s house.  You are a guest.  ACT LIKE ONE!!!

If a stranger came in to my house and started spouting off, I’d kick him out also.  You haven’t been around long enough to merit a warning.

Respect is earned not given.  

People are granted a certain amount of respect when you join a group.  You earn more by your actions.  You lost a lot of respect with your angry post.  Then you gained some back by apologizing.  Now you've lost even more by letting pride guide your actions instead of logic.  In the end, you look more the fool because of your actions.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 04:11:41 PM »
Wow it seems the disent has finally found it's way to the H&R shotgun forum. It's not entertaining or productive or in any way pertainent to hunting or shooting or H&R /NEF shotguns. I'm locking this thread and will delete any other that takes this turn. Come on fellas, Talk about guns and shooting and hunting with these great little guns we all love.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun