Author Topic: Swapped around.  (Read 422 times)

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
Swapped around.
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:41:45 PM »
Well, as some of you know, I got my recivier back last week without the .223 fluted barrel and stocks.
So I began thinking that maybe my old barrel would fit on my UVF recivier. And since the trigger pull is about half of what my older recivier is, it should make one good shooter even better. So I tried it. Man, what a fit, I don't think the factory could fit the barrel any better. Actually it is more snug than the loder recieiver. Plus this new one has only about 10% as many rounds as the older one. Shot it, and no coming open on firing and absolutley no gap between frame and barrel.
Shot some different rounds through it but came back to the Hornady 60gr V-Maxes load. This bullet is my main load.  WOW.... it seems like a new gun.

Dennis  :D

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Swapped around.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:50:59 PM »
Several of my barrels fit and shoot better with a different reciever than the one's they were fitted to. The 445 supermag really started shooting good after I switched it to another frame. Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline fuzzy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Swapped around.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 04:14:41 AM »
:-D Same thing happened with my 22-250 barl did fit worth a darn on my 223 or the 204 but the 25-06 it fit great like getting two guns for the price of one Rich
I rather be over the hill than in it

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Swapped around.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:26:12 AM »
Now that brings up a good question. Why would not the barrels from the factory not fit better that some others? I think I need to do some looking in my gun closet my can solve a old problem.
from Tennessee---Paul