Author Topic: Holster recommendations  (Read 500 times)

Offline thedave87

• Trade Count: (0)
Holster recommendations
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:53:54 PM »
Personally, at the moment I have an Uncle Mike's in the pants open style holster for my Bersa.  Now, honestly I'm not a fan of the thing... seems like it leaves too much of the gun above the top of the belt clip which makes it seem to always want to flip over my waistband. Does anyone have any advice or any other holsters that may work better for me? Also, what does everyone here use for their own concealed carry?

Offline jimster

Holster recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
I can only give you my experience with holsters, evertone is different.
Over the years I have found that comfort and fit and stability is something you'll pay for.
If you like inside the pants holsters and were to buy a quality leather holster that was made for your Bersa, you would really notice the difference in comfort and fit and how stabil your gun would feel.
I also have a couple of Uncle Mikes products, can't beat the price, but they can't compete with the holsters I paid more for, especially when carrying all the time. Now that is my opinion, and I'm not knocking any brand, I have a bunch of holsters from trial and error over the years.

As far as what I use, usually either inside the pants or outside the pants depending on the season/weather/clothing...strong side carry, high quality leather.
I won't bother to give name brands, there are many good ones, just do a search on the net and see for yourself.
It will cost you a bit more for comfort and fit and stability.

Offline KN

Holster recommendations
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »
Personally I have settled on HIGH NOON holsters. They are excellent quality and fit at a very affordable price. I like the black glove leather myself and have used a Hidden Ally for over a year. It still looks almost new.   KN