Author Topic: NEF Pardner model SB2 10 gauge  (Read 1850 times)

Offline moose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
NEF Pardner model SB2 10 gauge
« on: March 21, 2006, 02:19:38 PM »
I just got a NEF Factory Camo single 10 gauge , with a screw in TK2 choke, what year were these guns made????????? any info about them?????, what shot size do they like for Turkey, etc..thanks for all replies

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »
TTT----------------???????????????????????????? :(

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »
Did you buy it new? They currently make a 10 with screw in chokes. It has a24" barrel and the stock and fore arm are MOBU. I'm not sure what a TK2 choke is but the current model SB2-MAD comes with an extra full choke from the factory that most people don't seem to have much luck with. Look in the FAQs on the cf page there is a list of serial# prefixes that should help you date it. I have one that I got for Christmas that I haven't even shot yet. Take a look at the H&R website at www.hr1871.com and see if it looks like what you have.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 12:30:57 AM »
No it's used, i recieved it as a gift, it was won by a Friend of mine about 10 years at a raffle. and the TK2 tube is a NEF tube.........green and black camo.......not fancy paint job at all (stock and foearm), kinda dull green with a flack black stenciled leaves.

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 12:43:30 AM »
Moose,i got my 10 Gauge SB-2 back in january,mine came with the factory extra full tube,but my mossberg 835 with its after market choke tube and using 3 1/2" shells out performed the 10ga. alot!!!much better pattern at 40 yrds.i got a kicks .690 for my 10 gauge but havent got to try it yet,i need to before gobbler season opens.i like my nef alot,about the same recoil as the 835 and seems to point great and feels good also.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 10:32:14 AM »
Moose...That is the same gun that I purchased about 5 years ago...I removed the stock and forearm and refinished them to get rid of that gray and black woodland type camo...Looks much better now.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:35:25 PM »
I would like to put a red dot scope on this gun, what type mounts???? and how many holes will i have to have drilled and tapped???????/........THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES!!!!!!!!! Moose in GA.