Author Topic: Recoil Pads? Kick eez or limbsaver!  (Read 1375 times)

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Recoil Pads? Kick eez or limbsaver!
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:24:00 AM »
I did a search first and didn't come up with much.  I'm wondering how many folks on here use either one of these recoil pads?  I'm also wondering which one people like best.  I have the factory ventilated pad which works well but I'm curious if there's something better?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 04:50:43 AM »
I have 7 or 8 Limbsavers, don't need to try anything else, they work extremely well on heavy kickers.  :wink:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:23:23 AM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
I have 7 or 8 Limbsavers, don't need to try anything else, they work extremely well on heavy kickers.  :wink:

Tim

Thanks Tim.  I'm having a ball shooting this 12 gauge but it's beating me up!

BTW:  I had to put it back in the barrel bending jig one last time.  I am very happy with the way things turned out.  One of my neighbors identified the mystery wood I used to make the jig.  Turns out that its maple.    

Chuck :grin:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 06:39:57 AM »
I'd give the thumbs up to the limbsave as well. I've got a slip on that I've experimented with and it works great.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline LoudBoomBoom

Go Limbsaver!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »
I, too, tried several and the Limbsaver was the only one that really helped with very hard recoil.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 02:22:32 AM »
I have never tried a Kick eez but have a limbsaver slip on and it works great. I would definitely buy another if I needed one....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:53:30 AM »
Another vote for Limbsaver.  

I have 2 of them.  

I almost got rid of my 7mm Mag because of the kick, but the Limbsaver changed my mind.  Now I feel it hits about the same as my 308 Survivor.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:32:17 AM »
Great information fellas.  Thanks.   :grin:

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »
I purchased the small grind to fit Limb Saver (10541) today.  It almost fits perfect on my Pardner.  I will have very little grinding to do.  I might just leave it the way it is being so close.

Thanks again guys for the help.  I can't stop pushing on this pad.  It feels like fake you know what's!  Just kidding.  I've only played with the real things.  :grin:

Offline LoudBoomBoom

Follow-up
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 01:38:01 AM »
I got the largest one and left it big on purpose (increased surface area=less recoil felt per square inch of shoulder)

And, BTW, one$hot... yes, silicone is such a talented material.... but, of course, I'm sure there are other forums somewhere dedicated to that.

Offline 50 Calshtr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:38 AM »
You may also want to consider the Pachmayer Decelerator.  I've got one on my 375 H&H and it is very easy on the shoulder with this pad, looks good also.

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:50:46 AM »
Up to now I've been using only the cheesy OEM pads on all mine, including the old H&R company's shiny pads, which are about as pliable as rubber boot soles especially with age 'seasoning'! :roll:

A range session shooting 1 1/4 oz. slugs (5 boxes!) out of a conventional, thin wall barrel 12 ga. slugger years back sure taught me to hold that weapon snuggly tucked!

I have one of my buttstocks out at a smith's for fitting a 15/16" Kick-Eez to it. The Sorbothane construction inclined me to try it, as it's touted to be good shock absorbing stuff for sports equipment, at least that's what I've heard from the 'jocks' I know.

The gunsmith may have it for quite awhile, he tells me he has a several month backlog! I went to this particular guy because I've seen his work and It looks good. Another guy I used a couple times is 50/50. Plus he's extremely difficult to work with personally.

Generally the dearth of such service providers in my area is inconvenient to say the least. I drove an hour to do business with the backlogged man!

Anybody have something to report on Kick-Eez's effectiveness?
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!