Author Topic: Feinwerkbau history 1 pistol  (Read 1755 times)

Offline ernierod

• Trade Count: (0)
Feinwerkbau history 1 pistol
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »
Need specs on supplied nipple-#11,#10 and RSW 1075 percussion caps are rather loose on nipple.Would like to replace nipple with one that is available in the USA-need brand and p/n.Thanks in advance for help.Ernierod

Offline zoned

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »
My light bulb went on (about 40 watts occasionally ;-) ) when looking over a No.1 and pondering the loose cap problem.  FWB recommends the RWS #1075 cap which is #10 size and initially needs to be pinched to stay put.  Either FWB, or Billinghurst back around 1850, fit the pistol with a straight neck nipple!  What's with that, there is no way to utilize a cap's crimping without a taper?  Not a good design for an underhammer with nipple pointing to the ground.  The quickie fix would be to add a thin smear of high-temp solder to the base of the nipple.  This would eventually burn off and/or scuff off and need to be reapplied, but it might be the answer.  Otherwise, you will need to determine the thread size and go shopping for tapered alternatives of the correct length.

Offline zoned

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
Please post what you find, Ernie.

Offline ernierod

Feinwerkbau Nipple
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »
Zoned-These two nipples will work in the FWB History.Ampco p/n 12-50-05 sold by The Possible Shop.The other is p/n 5013(5013s6/6 pkg) SS and is sold by Thunder Ridge.Both are made for #11 cap.The thread is 6 x 1 mm,length .526"-.625" Erod

Offline zoned

Re: Feinwerkbau Nipple
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »
Quote from: ernierod
Zoned-These two nipples will work.....Erod

Good info, thanks.  I heard from a FWB shooter that the #1075s will stay in place better as the nipple gets some carbon built up.  Considering the cost of replacement FWB (beryllium) nipples, though, the alternatives are a good option.

Fwiw, I was shopping around for a No.1 and found one at I.S.S http://tinyurl.com/j7a53  If anyone else is in the market, they are a lot less expensive now than what they used to cost at Nygords.  The downside is that it can take 30 days, or more, to order one.  The FWB can also be ordered direct from other sources in the UK and Germany.

FWB http://tinyurl.com/kvvyt