Author Topic: Help. Do you cast for 41??  (Read 488 times)

Offline Steve P

• Trade Count: (10)
Help. Do you cast for 41??
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:23:19 PM »
I guess Veral is not going to be making molds for a few months.  I just got a .41 mag for silhouette.  Anyone have an LBT .410 or .411 mold that drops about 250 grain bullets.  I have a Lyman mold and a buddy has a few RCBS cast to try.  I was hoping to borrow an LBT mold.  I will pay shipping both ways, plus insurance and certification fees.

Anyone have an LBT mold I can borrow??  PLEASE!!

Steve   :D
"Life is a play before an audience of One.  When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"  SP 2002

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:19:13 AM »
Steve i have that mold but its in pretty sad shape. I got if from Frank at mt baldy bullets and it was getting tired when he gave it to me and ive casted the crap out of it. Ive even had to resurface the top of it but gas checks still seat fine. and it leaves casting lines in the bullets now too and the spruce holddown is broke. I dont think its worth lending to you like it is. I know that frank does sell the bullets and he does a great job of casting them. If your just looking for a few to try it would be no problem to send you a few. Its a great bullet and if you can pick up the mold in the future its well worth it. its probably the best shooting .41 bullet ive found. I know im going to kick myself in the but for not getting another if veral quits making them.
blue lives matter

Offline Kenneth L. Walters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »
The most accurate load I've ever shot was in a 41 magnum using SAECO #412 bullet cast from linotype sized to 0.411 powered by 8.5 grains of Unique.

Offline 475/480

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
I have a LBT .411-240gr WFNGC (2 cavity) I will sell at a reasonable price.email me if interested. seanharper@houston.rr.com

If you are not able to, I have about 200- 255gr WFNGC that I can send you,about 100 of the 200 have the GC on but not lubed yet.

Sean