Author Topic: Amnesty For Illegals Poll  (Read 922 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Amnesty For Illegals Poll
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:55:38 AM »
April 7, 2006

AFA Online Poll on The Senate Bill Granting Amnesty

Forward this poll to your family and friends.

Do you favor the U.S. Senate proposal dealing with illegal immigration?

Dear Brett,

The U.S. Senate is studying a proposal on granting amnesty to approximately 12 million illegal immigrants. Here is the proposal in the Senate:

1. Illegal immigrants who have been here more than five years could apply for legal permanent residency immediately without having to leave the country.

2. Those here two years to five years would have to go to border entry points and get a visa but could immediately return as temporary workers.

3. Those here less than two years would have to leave, go back to their home country and wait in line for visas, then return through the regular immigration process.

Thus far, it is uncertain how verification of the length which an illegal immigrant has been in the country will be decided.

Results from the poll will be sent to President George Bush, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert. In our recent poll asking if securing the border should be the first step in dealing with illegal immigration, more than a quarter million people participated with 94.95% voting "Yes" and 5.05% voting "No."

http://www.afa.net/petitions/senateproposal/TakeSurvey.asp

My feeling is that Illegals should go to the end of the line and wait their turn (and go threw the proper background checks, etc.) like everyone else!  How many of these Illegals are criminals running from the law in their home country?
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Savage .250

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »
Amnesty: "A general pardon for offenses against a government."
    My great grand parents came to this country through Ellis Island,
    the legal way to enter this country. God bless-um.
   I can`t in good conscious vote for Amnesty for anyone illegally entering this country.  After what my family members went through i`m not about to give somebody a "free-pass". Period!
   The line forms at the Border.......get in it.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:27:04 AM »
I favor ending all immigration and getting rid of all the illegals--NOW.
Swingem

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:43:46 AM »
The poll won't matter.  The politicans are working for special interest money.  That's why the illegal aliens are here, so the corporations can get cheap labor for the jobs they can't send out of the country.

Funny thing is now the union bosses seem to have changed there position and sold out there membership.  They want to Unionize the illegals.

This seems to really be all about the money, and how much can be made by the expolitation of labor.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 05:56:39 AM »
I work for a unionized railroad, and I have been telling everyone that will listen that "Unions" have become the exact monster they were formed to fight....a large corporation.  United Transportation Union and the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (Teamsters) both have presidents that are millionaires not unlike most large companies with senior leadership earning that amount of money.

I cannot stand paying $100 a month for no representation (unless one is fired)....and paying it to a bunch of Company "Yes men".  I know that it is a huge gash for your cause to tell the company no on every ticket item, but come on now.

You are exactly right, unions are in it for the money just like any other corporation.

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Awf Hand

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:27:04 AM »
This might raise a few eyebrows...

The employer has to pay half of the social security, while the employee has withheld, from their paycheck, the other half.

I met a farm owner who stated that he knew that some of his workforce was comprised of illegals, but they'd either forged documents or entered the country on someone (who was returning to Mexico) else's paperwork.  This farm owner couldn't, with certainty, prove who these guys were or what their status was.

The zinger:

His take was that these guys are helping to save the US social security system.  They put money in (via withholdings/payroll) and, currently, cannot draw social security income.  All of his former employees have returned to Mexico to build a house for their families with the money that he's paid them for labor.

-I believe the employers should be socked HARD for hiring illegals, but what do you do in the situation that forged papers and false identities brings up??
Just my Awf Hand comments...

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Awf Hand

-I believe the employers should be socked HARD for hiring illegals, but what do you do in the situation that forged papers and false identities brings up??

Well, we have an instant background check for gun purchases don't we?  How about we get rid of gun instant background checks and use the system for immigrant checks?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 12:12:53 PM »
Hey Man!  What paper work.  Just take your pickup down by the vacant lot and pickup the manpower you need.  You can even pickup a maid for the wife.  You do not need to worry about payroll, taxes, health care or other cost associated with a legal employee.  Your cost of labor is at least 30 percent cheaper on a bad day.

You do not need to worry about government agents raiding your business and the Department of Labor(DOL) is dead in the water.   The DOL is underfunded by Washington.  That way congress can have hearings, and do nothing when issues arise pertaining to illegals.  They hide behind the DOL sign and do nothing because that is the way business wants it.

The illegal and the law:  Officer Barney is following a car down the road when a beer bottle flys out the window and shatters.  Officer Barney pulls the car over and gets U.S. Citizen Smiths Drivers License proof of insurance.  Smith is not drunk but he gets a ticket for littering.  Because Smith has a license and an address he knows the cops can find him.  He pays the ticket.

Later that Day Officer Barney is following another car when a beer bottle flys out of the window and shatters on the roadway.  Officer Barney ask the driver for license and insurance.  Driver Jose Rodriguz has no license or insurance.  He cannot speak English.  Jose's daughter interprets for the Officer and her father.  Jose is not drunk and can drive the vehicle.  Officer Barney knows that if he arrest Jose he will be released from jail if arrested.  He will not have to post bail.  If he is given a ticket without trackable ID he most likely will not show up in court.  The County Board of Supervisors has instructed the Sheriff not to turn illegals over to the Border Patrol.  Officer Barney is at a disadvantage because he truely feels sorry for the little girl and the family.  He also know that if he huals Jose to jail that Jose will be out before the paper work is completed.  He tells the little girl to tell he father not to throw any more bottles out the window, and to tell the rest of the family to wear their seatbelts.  End of Contact.

Later that day the EMT/Firemen down at Squad 51 get called out.  It is 1400 hours and this will be their sixth call in seven hours.  They work a 24-hour shift.  In the old days they could fit a little shut eye during the shift.  But since the EMT program started they are rolling on back to back calls.  When they arrive at the call they find a lady having a baby in the car.  The husband Jose and his young daughter are there.  The daughter provides need information to the EMTs.  They average one delivery every 24-hours.  A number of EMTs have dropped their EMT certification and returned to the fire engines.  While they love helping people they are exhausted from all the calls.  They have become the doctors for the illegal immigrant community.  The more serious cases go to the County Hospitial, and it is 28 million dollars over budget because they are not being paid for the services they provide.

If Jose or his family become a victim of a crime it is unlikely that he will report it.  Because he is afriad of the police.  But the State Prision system has close to 30,000 illegal immigrants in the system.  These are felons.  In some cases their home country will not take them back when we try and deport them after they have served their time.  They disappear in the wood work.

The story repeats itself day after day.  While the truth may sound negative, there are many truths out there, some positive and some negative.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 03:01:03 PM »
I am not into name calling and I want to make it clear that I am against illegal immigration no matter what country the person comes from or the color of their skin.  When they let the Russians in a few years back we inherited a very dangerous organized crime group.  

One time I was part of a task force investigating a series of crimes.  We ended up in the middle of the feud between the Turks and the Armenians.  Those guys shot at each other on the streets of California.  The Mexicans are an easy target because there are far more of them.  But I have worked with some great people of Mexican descent.  In fact their family lived in New Mexico before it or California was part of the United States.

A few years back a friend married a guy up in Canada and they packed up his belongings and hit the border.  He was not allowed in.  He had to follow a process.  As far as I am concern anybody who fails to follow the process is illegal.  When I travel in Canada or Mexico as a tourist I obey their laws.  In turn I expect others to obey our laws.  

A few months back a large group of men and women serving in our military were sworn-in as citizens of the United States.  That group had served in Iraq.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »
:D While I can not totally agree with Sheila on "the nicest people you could ever meet," I can agree on the name calling.  Placing a lable on an individual, or a group will not solve the problem at hand.  If you are serious about the illegal immigrant problem then drop a line to your congressman.  If it is anyone other than Hillary or Ted Kennedy it may help to let them know what you think.

I all those here illegally are made citizens maybe we should see about setting all the bank robbers free for making an unauthorized withdrawal. :roll:

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 03:42:40 AM »
This is  sad in america we will fall as a country. I will not vote anymore. There no law in this country there more law on Greybeard then are country. I feel the law only for white  people  anymore. :cry:

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 06:25:41 AM »
I answered the poll and it registered me for some kind of American Family Fruit Loop membership.  I said I didn't want to join and they dumped my response on the poll.

Here's what I wrote to my "representatives" in Washington, to Dennis Hastert and Bill Frist:

As my representative in Washington, I am writing to inform you that I am strongly against both the current Senate and House recommendations for resolving the current national immigration crises occurring as a result of the lax law enforcement on the southern border of the United States.

I am strongly against a general amnesty for illegal entrants to this country.

I am strongly against the tiered amnesty / fast-track naturalization scheme proposed in the Senate.

I am strongly against a guest worker program that does not require applicants and participants to immediately return to their country of origin to re-enter the United States at an authorized point of legal entry to be documented and tracked upon re-entry.

During a recent trip to Big Bend National Park, I observed numerous signs and placards warning park guests (presumably American citizens) not to cross the border with Mexico and then attempt to re-enter the United States at any point other than an recognized point or entry manned by the U.S. Border Patrol.  To do so is a felony, and would subject the violator to a $10,000 fine and possible jail-time for illegal entry into the United States.

This is the warning given to American citizens.  I must ask, why is it a felony for a man born in this country, owning property, gainfully employed, and having paid taxes all of his adult life temporarily leaving the land of his birth, to attempt to return to his home-land, and not a felony for a foreign national, with no ties or interests in this country to cross the southern border at any given point unobserved and undocumented?

House Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee are proposing legislation to free illegal immigrants of the burden of the law that ordinary Americans are bound by, by proposing that illegal immigrants not be subjected to felony charges the way that any American citizen would be.

This proposal and all proposals of its like are intolerable.

These undocumented immigrants are criminals.  The law that binds every American citizen defines them as felon the moment that they step across the border at any point other than an authorized point of entry.

I strongly urge you to vote against any measure that results in any action other than immediate deportation for all illegal and undocumented immigrants currently inside U.S. borders, and immediate and positive action to stop all illegal entry along the southern border of the United States.

Thank you for your kind attention.

:x
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 06:27:47 AM »
Worked with a Man once of Mexican descent, but his family had lived in Texas for generations.  Member of well known influential family in Texas valley along Mexico's border.  Had interesting comments about Mexican immigration, that were generally negative about it.   One day he mentioned the time he had noticed the payments into his social security account much higher than they should have been when he got social security letter detailing that kind of information.  Said, he got to thinking about it and remembered giving his social security number to an illegal alien that had a name similiar to his when he lived in Los Angles about 25 years before.  The guy evidently had been paying into his account all these years.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »
How many times does history have to repeat itself?  Reagan gave them amnesty, a one time deal.  But no one followed up and started imposing fines on employers that hired illegials.  No one secured the borders.  Nothing was done.  Even the people that recieved amnesity did not in most cases finish the paper work or even bother to apply.  

Idea:  Since the mexicans are coming to the US, why don't we annex mexico.  I don't think the populace would put up a big fight, all the ones that might are already here working.   Under US rule mexican states would make a good retirement location for the aging baby boomers.   Give Miami and Pheonix a little compatition.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 07:20:02 AM »
:D FWiedner, well put.  Your letter is powerful and to the point.  Now if we can only convince all of the others who read these post to write to their representatives.  Not only did I write them, I sent letters to 53 diffrent newspapers "Letter to the Editor." requestying the reader to drop their representativers a letter.  Strength in numbers!

If you are opposed to amnesty for the illegal immigrants and think we are over due immigration reform, THEN WRITE NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A VOICE.