Author Topic: Yahoo Headlines.. Some Wal-Marts to drop Gun Sales  (Read 372 times)

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
Yahoo Headlines.. Some Wal-Marts to drop Gun Sales
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:29:05 AM »
Looks like tha Anti's are getting through to some companies.
They say it is because of slow sales but we all know this is BS.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline SoftPoint

Yahoo Headlines.. Some Wal-Marts to drop Gu
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 12:20:36 PM »
I have a family member that works for management at a local Wal-Mart. The new company policy is the stores with the top 25% of gun sales in a region will be the only ones selling guns. The gun profits are so low that it wasn't profitable for all the stores to keep guns, and FFL's, as well as employees who were  qualified by the B.A.T.F. to make sales. They wanted  to keep firearm sales available in every region, that way customers are always reasonably close to a store that sells firearms, to try and limit the inconvenience. All stores will still sell ammo.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:38:07 PM »
:shock: Even the giant can't copmpeat with some of the smaller dealers.  In areas where Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, etc are located, Wal Mart doesn't sell many guns.  These are the markets they will discontinue.  

Lets face it, if there were a Walmart and a Bass Pro Shop in the same area where would you go for a firearm?   :wink:

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 06:21:56 PM »
A buddy of mine that works in the sporting goods dept. of the "Wally World" here;told me that they got a email telling them that they had been chosen to sell the remaining inventory of guns from 6 Wal marts that were to stop selling guns.He said that guns will be marked down and that some will have scratches,ect. and that they had the power to mark them down even more.He is suppose to call me when they come in.Looking forward to this :lol: ......Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"