Author Topic: pardner pump scope mounting  (Read 1619 times)

Offline ncmtnhillbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
pardner pump scope mounting
« on: April 16, 2006, 06:48:46 AM »
hello guys, i know the new model pumps are drilled and tapped for scopes, i am looking at possibly picking up one of the first models. do you know if the 870 saddle mounts work?  these pumps seem well built.

Bill
:shock:  :excuseme: Be vewy,vewy quiet, I`m huntin`Cwiminals!!

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:19:26 PM »
I'm looking at buying a Pardner pump NP1-2S8.  I'm very curious about the pro's and con's of these guns.  Wally world has them for $150.98.  I'd sure like to know the answer to Bill's question as well as what stocks and other accessories from other makes that are interchangeable.  It appears that the Maverick 88 and Mossberg 500 stuff is interchangeable with the Pardner pump.  

Anyone actually own one of these new pumps that can give a blow by blow description of what they like and don't like about the gun?  What about mounting open sights onto the ventilated rib?  What is the width of the rail?

Chuck

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »
Guys,

I don't own one and won't for reasons other than looks. They look nice and are essentially a clone of the 870 Remington. I had a sales guy take one apart and they copied the 870 completely except for the longer magazine tube, barrel ring location (due to longer magazine tube) and it uses Win-Choke instead of Rem-Choke.

I would say the 870 saddle mount should bolt up, but I would make sure first. I do know the 870 stocks will interchange.

one$$shot,

Sorry, but the only thing that will interchange from the Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 would be the chokes since they are Win-Choke.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Paul Mohr

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »
I just got one a few weeks ago, really have not shot it much though. I ran a few turkey loads thru it to see what it was like since that is what I bought it for.

Here is a pic of it.

Mine has pretty nice wood for what I paid (190 with tax at a local gun shop). It is walnut I think. The gun is not very heavy, so it kicks pretty good, especially with 3 inch turkey loads that have 2 oz of #4 shot :wink: . It kicks much harder than the mossberg bantam I used have. It had a ported barrel though. I didn't think it made that big of a difference until I shot this sucker with the same shells.

The gun is big for me, If I keep it I will have to trim the stock down. I am pretty little though, so if you are of normal size it should fit you. I thought it had a pretty decent trigger for the price. Much better than my mossberg had. Fit and finnish seems to be very nice, especially for the price. And it is all steel, no alloy or aluminum reciever and other parts. I took a magnet to the whole gun and everything is steel except for the trigger gaurd which is plastic.

The action is a little stiff, but it's new and I haven't taken it apart to clean it or oil it. I'm sure after this and some use it will be smoother.

Like said above, they take remington stocks and mossberg chokes. My browning invector chokes fit as well. The down side is I don't think you can get different barrels for them. NEF may sell a few different ones, but a remington or mossberg replacement barrel will not work. So they are not as versitile as either of those.

I don't know if a reciever mount will work or not, I have never been a big fan of them. If you use one and take the barrel off to clean it you will most likely throw your zero off. Same goes for a reciever that is tapped for scope mounts (mine is not). I see they make a slug version and combo, and you can buy the slug barrel seperately for 128 bucks. Unfortunately no cantilever barrel, just one with open sights. A good cantilever scope mount barrel would be the best way to go, but they don't offer one yet.

Like I said I originally got mine to turkey hunt with. However a week after getting it I got a used A5 browning stalker light that I think I will use instead. I can only shoot 2 3/4 inch loads out of it, but it isn't near as voilent to shoot :shock: .

I don't think they are bad guns for the money, I think a mossberg or 870 would be a bit more versitile though, I would opt for the mossberg again if I had it to do over.

Paul
AKA Psyco Smurf

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 03:05:21 PM »
Quote from: Paul Mohr
The down side is I don't think you can get different barrels for them. NEF may sell a few different ones, but a remington or mossberg replacement barrel will not work. So they are not as versitile as either of those.

Paul

I remember this one:
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=86566
I think they do sell the barrels, just seems a little bit expensive.
-Aaron