Author Topic: New Pentax Gameseeker scopes?  (Read 986 times)

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
New Pentax Gameseeker scopes?
« on: April 18, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »
Just surfing away, and stumbled across a new line of Pentax scopes.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/footer/news_media_article?ArticleId=7394662

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=445726
 Looks to have a great price to them.
Anyone heard/seen/tried one, or by any chance got some more info on these?
Might be the ticket for my little carbine idea I have.
-Aaron

Offline killdeer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
If you want to save some money, the Pioneer line is the exact same scope as the Whitetails unlimited except it is assembled in the Phillipines and costs about $100 less. The new Pentax scopes are worth the money and have a full lifetime warranty but the resale value can't compare with Leupolds.
   For about $270 you can get a brand new 3-9x40 Leupold VXII and never have to worry about buying a replacement. You could even hunt with it for 5 or 10 years and likely sell it for near what you paid.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
True. And point taken.
To me it's always interesting to see "new" scope lines released. I'm not a bigger/better seeker, cause I know the tried and true always have proven track record....thus the Leupold :wink: But I enjoy looking at new offerings.

Offline lostsniper308

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 05:43:44 AM »
those gameseekers caught my eye on Midway too. Good idea for me, i've wanted a higher mag scope for my .308 but the cheaper ones fail and the Leupolds, Nikons, ect are too expensive, this is like a best of both worlds. NOt that i'm not considering the Bushnell Trophy line.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline verhoositz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »
The Pentax lines of Gameseeker, Lightseeker, Whitetail are all built by Burris as the same scope, as was mentioned earlier, in different countries of origin, and are comparable to a Burris Fullfield II.

Like the Burris, the Pentax scopes have the same lifetime warranty that Leupold has...and have more features for far less cost than a Leo Rifleman, VX-I and even a VX-II depending on model. While Leopold has been the industry standard for the last 25-30 years with the benchmark standard in warranties as the first to offer and deliver on a lifetime basis, lots of other scope lines are now equal warranty wise or better feature wise on a price for price basis. Leopold does have a better resale than other brands...but then I don't ever sell off scopes, except when I sold off all my old Leopold Vari X II's for other brands as I found a better application than what I had ....and always at less money...and yes I always lost money on my Vari -X II Leopolds after the VX Series came out...as much as 60% on a 3x9 matte Compact from what it cost at retail.

My even cheaper Swift 4x12x40 A/O scope has the best warranty in the business...over the counter replacement for life, with all the features of the VX II in for less than half the price. My Swift 4x12 has survived 2 300 Magnums, now on third one, and a 270 with no bobbles for the last 5 years and will soon reside on a new 22-250, and has been my range mule for load development on 4 or 5 other guns. Not fancy just does it...and can be bought today for under $150. The Swift I have is not as clear as a Leo VX II & III's or the '05 Nikon Buckmaster or my Burris Fullfield II's with 82% light transmission instead of the newer over 90+% industry standard...but equal to the current Leo Rifleman, VX-1, all of the Vari X II's & III's I had or a Nikon Prostaff.

I've got a Swift 3x9x40 674M ordered to go on a 7 lb big kicker because it has the longest eye relief I can find with 5"s @ 3power down to 3.6"s @ 9 power...as compared to Leupold's advertised 4"s, which I think is an average and not a consistent 4"s thru the power range. So we'll see if I am still satisfied this time next year with this 3x9 Swift or have had to use the warranty!
Ron
Our world and it's challenges have changed - the solutions are new

Offline killdeer

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 04:15:57 PM »
Pioneer =  Burris FFII and is manufactured  in the Philippines.

Whitetails Unlimited= Burris FFII and is manufactured in the USA

Gameseeker is manufactured in China by Pentax and has a 1 piece tube.

Lightseeker = Burris Signiture Series.

Burris makes the Lightseeker, Pioneer and Whitetails Unlimited for Pentax with Pentax optics/hard coatings.

Pentax has a lifetime NO FAULT warranty.

All lifetime warranties are not the same. More than a few have complained about Burris not standing behind their product.

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:23:45 PM »
"All lifetime warranties are not the same. More than a few have complained about Burris not standing behind their product."

Add Pentax to that list.  I have had major problems getting a brand new defective scope replaced by Pentax.  WDO
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline killdeer

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 02:35:36 AM »
Thats funny! Pentax spends all that money rolling out a new scope. making it in China to be competitive, and strapping on a bullet proof warranty.

Right out of the gate someone pops up relating a bad experience.

For years scope companies have been comparing their gear to Leupold and claiming superiority in one way or the other....................