Author Topic: VOTE!!! It's important...we need your vote NOW!!  (Read 806 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
VOTE!!! It's important...we need your vote NOW!!
« on: April 19, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »
Many here may have missed this buried in the (old but good) classifieds section. For those that have missed it, please vote your beliefs. I did, I liked the old classifieds much better. I was willing to go with the new classifieds IF it was necessary to keep the site running smoothly. I don't go the new classifieds much now and feel many others here don't go there as often either, they are so impersonal and non user-friendly. It seems from the question we are being asked that we may have the opportunity to go back to the old classifieds format!! The vote now is 2 to 1 to return to the older user friendly and more interactive format. So far twice as many members liked the original format over the "new and improved" classifieds section. How about everyone voting so Matt can get a true reflection for the feelings of all here, and let the chips fall where they may. How about getting at least 100 votes cast here!!!...<><.... :grin:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=90384
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Blammer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
VOTE!!! It's important...we need your vote
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 04:59:19 PM »
voting now...

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 05:05:44 PM »
I vote for the old system. When I checked it was 71% in favor of the old system.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 05:16:46 AM »
Your right, it's still over 70% in favor of the original format (currently 72%). The odd part is the old format is open to new posts again!!! At least there is a new post dated yesterday, 4/20/06. It's from a fairly new member and although he is offering some (3) recievers at auction instead of for sale at a stated price it is a newly started thread/post!!! ....<><.... :grin:

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=90695
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 05:28:01 AM »
Kinda funny, I've got two of you on opposite sides of this issue both campaigning to get folks to vote.  :)  It does seem to be getting a few more folks to take notice and tell us their wishes. For the record I'm on your side, Matt's on the other side.  :eek:

I need to look at that thread as you can't do an auction on the Classifieds but we DO have an auction site now where he can if he wishes to auction them. That too is Matt's baby.

Yes the old Classifieds are again OPEN for action.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Well Dogies....
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 12:17:59 AM »
MSP,I also voted.It is nice to see that GB and Matt are listening to the member's preferences.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 01:58:55 PM »
Yeah Stan, underneath they are really a couple of nice guys, just don't let it get out or were in a LOT of trouble....<><.... :shock: