Author Topic: Mirules hit Platt, Matix in head, 3x each, 4" .38  (Read 663 times)

Offline slink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Mirules hit Platt, Matix in head, 3x each, 4" .38
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:42:37 AM »
using plus P 158 gr lhp ammo, at a range of 3-6 ft from the muzzle. One bullet on each man was deflected down into their necks, and that's what killed them.  The other 4 slugs, in line for their brains, failed to penetrate their skulls. So much for the "powerful" .38 Special, especially from a 2" barrel.
Deactivated 04-22-06 for rules violations after repeated warnings.

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
Mirules hit Platt, Matix in head, 3x each,
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:56:57 AM »
Author's Subject line:

Mirules hit Platt, Matix in head, 3x each, 4" .38

slink wrote:

So much for the "powerful" .38 Special, especially from a 2" barrel.

How did that go from a 4" 38 to a 2" 38 in the same encounter?  Who has touted the 38 Special to be a powerful skull puncher?  Please start posting some of your sources to back your statements.

Ask him to load 140gr. JHPs at 900+fps. next time.  I think that would be a better defense load in a 38 special.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline slink

• Avid Poster
Just pointing out that even the FOUR inch .38 failed.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »
and the 2" has CONSIDERABLY less velocity and power than the 2". Yet MANY here "think" that even MUCH less powerful loads (ie, .22 mag, .32 ACP, 380, .32 mag, etc, are AOK for defensive use. They most emphatically are NOT ok. they are pathetic in such a role.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Mirules hit Platt, Matix in head, 3x each, 4" .38
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »
Quote from: slink
using plus P 158 gr lhp ammo, at a range of 3-6 ft from the muzzle. One bullet on each man was deflected down into their necks, and that's what killed them.  The other 4 slugs, in line for their brains, failed to penetrate their skulls. So much for the "powerful" .38 Special, especially from a 2" barrel.

i have no idea what it is you are trying to convey here. none....

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »
I don't think you could talk about true skull crushing power with any 38, not even a super +P.  If using such a cartridge I would be going for flesh penetration.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:22:42 PM »
Slink I'm going to ask you one more time, is there a point to all these type posts you're making? If so spit it out. I'm tiring of them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline slink

• Avid Poster
So what?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 02:30:06 AM »
The point is that a lot of people are very ignorant about ballistics and gunhandling, when such things are applied to defensive use.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 05:47:08 AM »
The point is that a lot of people are very ignorant about ballistics and gunhandling, when such things are applied to defensive use.

While I will certainly agree with that premise I just don't see how what you are doing is changing the status quo around here. It's pretty common knowledge and has been for a LOOOONG time the .38 Special is a pretty weak sister and most especially when used with 158 Lead RN bullets is a notoriously poor stopper. Hey after all that's why the .357 Magnum came along wasn't it?

You'd do more to both educate and convince folks to listen to you if you'd change the tone and lose the "attitude" I think all are seeing from you.

You very much remind me of a fellow who's been around here a bunch of times in the past under a bunch of different names and each time he's been kicked out. If it is still him here again under a new name you should know from the past you won't last long if you keep it up. If you are NOT him you best still learn quickly in order to stay around. We're not into folks who wish only to encite others.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline slink

• Avid Poster
Hey, why dont you tell that to the guy
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »
who is so "confident" that the .38 suffices? Or those who think so highly of 380, makarov, .32 ACP, or 32 Magnum, hmm?  :-) Ignorance is not overcome by going along with it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:03 PM »
Some people never learn, clearly you are one of them. Once again under one more name you've now been kicked  off GBO. Bye Slink. What name and IP Address will you use next time?

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 07:48:17 PM »
:cb2: I'm really confused. What group of men were shot in the head? Why? And what happened to the 4 that "failed to penetrate"? I feel like I missed the first 15 minutes of CSI and I don't know what the show is all about?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Nanuk

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »
He was refering to the ill fated FBI-Miami shootout in 1986. Actually shot placement was what finally won the day.