Author Topic: Big Game Warmup??  (Read 662 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Big Game Warmup??
« on: March 28, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »
Seeing that Spring is almost here, in the upper 70's today, what's your favorite method for getting your rifles and yourself into shape for this fall's hunting .  Me, between trips to the range, I like to worry the varmints.  Everything from ground squirrels up.  As far as keeping me in shape I walk, hit the weights and instead of bike ridding I use my pedal boat for bass fishing on a number of farm ponds at least three times a week.  Come on pass on some of those secrets.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Big Game Warmup??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 10:40:10 AM »
Hmmm. Lawdog, your weather is obviously better than ours (30 degrees with sleet, freezing rain and up to 30" of snow forcast for the weekend)  But when a somewhat decent day does come around I will be spending a fair amount of time with my boys shooting the rifles we will hunt with this fall.  A 7m-08, a 30-06 and a 7mm.  Between shooting opportunities we will be walleye fishing and I will try to get into better shape.  Being 46 and working a desk job 50 hours a week tends to take the edge off of one physically and mentally. "Now pass me the meat and potatoes" :wink:
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Lawdog

Big Game Warmup??
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 11:41:11 AM »
longwinters,

Actually it topped out at 77 degrees today.  Meat and potatoes are fine but you forgot the big slice of homemade apple pie with TWO scoops of homemade ice cream.  Well back to the pedal boat again and another trip around the pond, all 15 acres of it.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Big Game Warmup??
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 04:02:35 PM »
:D When the weather warms up. June? The guys at the rifle range have an informal shootin match that is spaced out over the summer. At 300yds you shoot 3 sighters. Then 5 rounds off the bench and 5 rounds off hand. This is my incentive to practice. Before going out west I start walking around the block (3 1/2 miles) after work. The wife gets me out biking most weekends when it warms up. It's not organised but it seems to work.