Author Topic: WOW! HK ROCKS!  (Read 570 times)

Offline jeager106

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
WOW! HK ROCKS!
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »
I traded for a used HK USP full size auto in .45 a.c.p.
This sucker just might be the BEST defense gun I've ever owned.
I have a personal accuracy standard for a combat handgun. It's in the best defense auto handgun round ever, the .45 acp and hold ten shots to boot!
It must put 5 shots into groups under 3" at 25 yards from a bench rest.
Anything less and the thing goes to a new home pronto.
I now that isn't target accuracy but I'm in the personal defense arena and 3" is sufficeint but barely.
This puppy shoots with some of the tricked up 1911 target guns I've shot.
Groups started at 2.5" at 25 and got smaller, and smaller, and smaller as I got familiar with the trigger and the darned good sights.
My best was 1 1/8th" with 4 of that 5 shot group going into 3/4ths", and this with Wally World Win. White Box 230 hardball. Rem. 230 h.p. did a respectable 2" and Blazer sucked hind end at just under 3".
The controls fit me perfectly and the grip is the best most natural for my hand of any I've shot to date and I've shot a bunch of 'em.
The absolute worse abortion (for me) was that horrid little Glock 36.
I swapped that miserable thing for a Colt Commander .45 and never looked back!
This'n is a keeper and with ammo it likes I could knock the snot out of garden munching groundhogs.
For you guys into this sort of thing what is that rail under the front of the frame for?
Lazer? Flashlight? Spare tire jack? Months supply of rations? What?
Can anyone recommend a general purpose carry holster?
Not for CCW but carry around the woods and property?
She's a might large for CCW work but if I were back on active police duty I'd carry this hot rocking pistol without reservation! :-)  :-)

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
WOW! HK ROCKS!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »
You can put a laser or a flashlight on the rail if you WANT to, but the food idea also has some merit.  If you use a load with a lot of muzzle flash, you could cook hot dogs while you shoot.  But no tofu allowed! :wink:

Papajohn
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
WOW! HK ROCKS!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 01:34:26 PM »
Congrats on the USP! My cousin carried one on duty for several years and I drooled over that thing!