Author Topic: oversize .432 and reloading--also anyone have 445 reamer?  (Read 368 times)

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
oversize .432 and reloading--also anyone have 445 reamer?
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »
So I have one of the bullet rattler 44's that is overbore at .432.  I am going to order some Beartooths.  If I load a .432 bullet into .429 brass what should I do different?  Just flare it well?  Any real concerns?

Also, as long as I am not going to be able to shoot real 44 Mag ammo then I might as well ream to Super.  Anyone have a reamer to rent me?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
oversize .432 and reloading--also anyone ha
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »
I don't load for this caliber...but..for all my straight walled cases..I use a Lyman "M" die...it makes flaring real easy and doesn't hurt the brass even nickle cases..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline JPH45

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:52:35 PM »
Had it not been for the toruble Ihad getting cast to shoot well, I'd have never known that my 44 barrel was 432, as it shot jacketed loads just fine. None of my molds drop anything larger than .431, so I never even found out how well the rifle would shoot with proper size boolits, but it will put 3 of 3 into 1 1/2" at 100 yards all day. These are wtih 265 grian lead boolits of 430-432 in dia. Spend some time with it, you will likely fond the rifle to be a better shooter than the numbers would suggest.

Ditchdigger has the 445 reamer, an exellent upgrade we are told.
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:12:55 PM »
I think that it will be a shooter with the oversized bullets.  I figure that if I am out of luck on the factory ammo then I might as well ream for speed.  

Mac, thanks for the tip on the Lyman dies.  I will take a look at them.  Been using the Lee Loader so far.  Been meaning to buy some 44 dies.  The father in law has some RCBS ones that he doesn't use......free is good, but if there is something better then I will spend some cash.