Author Topic: Recording serial numbers.  (Read 427 times)

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Recording serial numbers.
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »
I just finished updating my list of firearms serial numbers, making several copies and depositing them in a variety of places (gunsafe, back of reloading manual, wallet).  My game plan is to have the serial numbers, of any firearms that get stolen or lost, really
handy so when I call the local PD there'll be no time lost in reporting what happened and perhaps facilitating the recovery of the guns.  Also, my insurance company will certainly want that information when I file a claim.  This comes under "covering the basics" of firearms ownership.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
Photos also help! Does your insurance plan cover more than 500.00 in guns?

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »
:D I ran a list complete with photos and stored them on CDs.  I kept one copy, put one in the safe deposit box, and gave one to my son for him to keep.  In addition I ran a paper list of all guns, make model and serial number to go along with it, this list is also maintained on a floppy disk.  Each time I add (or if I ever do) delete a gun, it only takes a minute to update.

This is good not only if they are stole, but for insurance purposes if we have a fire or tornado.  I would recommed that everyone who owns guns, no matter the number, do the same.  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »
Guys those are some good ideas. I gave my dad a copy of my list just incase something happens here at home where I couldn't retrive the list...Jim