Author Topic: zombies attack  (Read 1796 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
zombies attack
« on: May 12, 2006, 09:57:04 AM »
i was watching a zombie movie on sc-fi channel and what kind of gun would you guys use in a zombie attack? myself i would like a .22 lever action, in .22 you can get and carrier more shells for it and you have to shoot them in the head, or my 454 ruger with 45 long colts.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Questor

zombies attack
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
I'd use a Hollywood gun. You know, the kind that never runs out of bullets, is enormously effective at killing bad guys when fired into the air by a squinting waif, and always malfunctions when the hero is confronted at close quarters by a bad guy, but then starts working again as things seem most desperate.
Safety first

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
zombies attack
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:31:04 PM »
Questor is on the right track, but zombies can be hard to kill - do not use a .22!  Use the Hollywood guns which throw the bad guy back ten feet through a plate glass window.....

Which of course is complete bunk - no bullet has the "power" to move a human more than a few inches on impact.....

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
zombies attack
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 02:52:11 PM »
For a second there i thought i'd logged onto THR.

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
zombies attack
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 05:00:55 PM »
Quote from: Lone Star
no bullet has the "power" to move a human more than a few inches on impact.....
What about those guns which fire those needle bullets that are issued to Shield agents?

:wink:
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
zombies attack
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »
Quote from: Questor
I'd use a Hollywood gun. You know, the kind that never runs out of bullets, is enormously effective at killing bad guys when fired into the air by a squinting waif, and always malfunctions when the hero is confronted at close quarters by a bad guy, but then starts working again as things seem most desperate.
:)  :)  :)  :)

the thing i never got was,  how could you kill a zombie if they were already dead?  

i never had much use for movies like that.  seems a pointless exposition of gore and violence.   i will pass everytime.

Offline Sir Knight

• Triple-F Ranch
zombies attack
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:24:50 PM »
Kill the Zombies online video game -- I made it to level ten with 97 registered kills.  :-)
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
zombies attack
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 06:59:36 AM »
You guys also forgot to mention the gas tank exploding bullets.  ..They should work well too on zombie heads.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline jamaldog87

zombies attack
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 08:11:25 AM »
well if they did come i would get BFG for doom3. that should kill them. :twisted:  :twisted:
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Old Griz

zombies attack
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Lone Star
Which of course is complete bunk - no bullet has the "power" to move a human more than a few inches on impact......

:cb2: Ah, come on! Didn't you see Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing"? Blazing away with a 1911 in both hands, it lifted the guy off his feet, through the swinging doors, and 20 feet out in the street! I saw it! It's gotta be real!  :eek:
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
How do you stop a zombie?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »
If we are talking about Chicago, you take away their voter registration card.

If we are talking Hollywood, then in the movie I saw last night the guy had a special ring.  He would clasp his hands together and then the zombies would do his will.  Seems to me that would beat shooting them.  Cut down on my yard work anyway.

Offline Questor

zombies attack
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »
unspellable:

That movie won't sell. I just can't imagine people paying to see a guy with a special ring invite zombies over for tea and scones and burning aromatherapy candles.  

As for the gun, I'd also want the model that slides on the floor just out of reach of the bad guy, but then is miraculously reachable by the good guy.
Safety first

Offline TxPhantom

I like the history Channel!!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »
If I find myself watching a movie about zombies I'll buzz the nurse and have her change the channel.  :)
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder

Samurai Saying; \"After a victory is the time you should tighten your helmet straps\"

Offline TxPhantom

zombies attack
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 09:14:19 AM »
Quote from: Questor
unspellable:

That movie won't sell. I just can't imagine people paying to see a guy with a special ring invite zombies over for tea and scones and burning aromatherapy candles.  

As for the gun, I'd also want the model that slides on the floor just out of reach of the bad guy, but then is miraculously reachable by the good guy.

Everyone knows that good guys can slide farther than bad guys!
I would like to have one of those Hollywood guns that have no recoil but can knock a bad guy through a wall. :)
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder

Samurai Saying; \"After a victory is the time you should tighten your helmet straps\"

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
zombies attack
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
I think I will just use the old classic
12ga. pump with drum setup 00 buckshot
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline Savage

zombies attack
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »
If I find myself watching a movie about zombies I'll buzz the nurse and have her change the channel.

Exactly!!!  Wait a minute! Why am I in this thread-----------:shock:
 NURSE!!!!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline ed1921

• Avid Poster
Re: zombies attack
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
Night of the Living Dead a classic. All you need is a 12 gage pump. One shot to the head & there's no question. 

Offline TreyAzagthoth

• Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »
HK USP 40 compact.
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell the truth I shoot a Springfield XD so it doesnt really matter.

Offline Savage

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 01:15:13 AM »
Hard to believe this many responses to this thread------------damn, I just responded too!!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Questor

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
My favorite zombie load is 22.6 grains of IMR 4198 and a Speer TNT bullet in .224 Questor. It's basically a .221 Fire Ball that's been modified for use in a hand-held gatling gun. Works great on those pesky zombies, and most any other of the undead, except vampires.

For vampires I prefer the same cartridge, but in a single shot using a reduced charge. We don't need as many rounds, but they take longer to make because of the garlic that needs to be inserted into the hollow point. The powder also needs to be steeped in holy water and then meticulously dried.
Safety first

Offline sureshot2040

• Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
sir knight
how do you kill the zombies in the game
i hit one or two but with direct hits they keep coming
no way to adjust aim that i see??
sureshot

Offline Sir Knight

• Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »
Put the mouse where you want the bullet to go and click. For the smaller zombies, use the handgun and aim for the head. For the bigger zombies, use the shotgun and aim for the chest. Don't waste the shotgun on the smaller guys because you won't have enough rounds for the big guys.

Editted to add: one handgun round to the head for the smaller zombies and one chest shot with the shotgun for the bigger zombies is all that is needed. Don't waste multiple rounds on one zombie unless you miss.

Offline waynemorgan

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »
i would make them eat my wifes cooking ........got to go now it is time for dinner

Offline Questor

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 05:21:28 PM »
Waynemorgan:

Just be glad your wife can cook at all. I see a lot of people buying just shopping carts full of prepared heat-and-eat foods and it makes me wonder what kind of life they lead.
Safety first

Offline Rscout6945

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 11:31:01 PM »
I would have to chosen the gatling gun that Jesse Venture used in Predator.  He carried all of it on his back thru the jungle, HAHAHA!

Last time I saw one in the Marines, it was hooked up to the helos power system just to run it and the gunner was sitting on an ammo box bigger than he was.

Of course, it was a movie and he did clear about an acre of jungle in one minute, something to think about when they attack in a giant human, I mean zombie wave.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that in good.-George Washington  Semper Fi!

Offline sureshot2040

• Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 12:45:04 AM »
another game question

how do you get the shotgun
i have seen where it pops up as found but dont know how to retrieve it??

Offline Sir Knight

• Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:26 AM »
another game question

how do you get the shotgun
i have seen where it pops up as found but dont know how to retrieve it??

Once you "find" the shotgun, you can toggle between it and the revolver by pressing the spacebar. Just remember that when you put the gun down, it will be in the exact same state when you pick it up. Meaning, if you put down an empty revolver because you don't have to reload and pick up the shotgun to use. When you pick up the revolver again, it will still be empty. Same holds true for the shotgun.

Good luck :)

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 09:18:29 AM »
On the Zombie game, I got to Stage 22 with 341 kills.  Timing becomes key after stage 15.  Keep tryin'!!!  ;D

-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 10:07:35 AM »
Did I cross over into the twilight zone?  Why am I here?  Nurse!  And I'm not even in the hospital!  Nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 10:20:21 AM »
Sourdough, its too late!!!! The zombies are commin'!!! You can't.........get............out.........
-Patriot