Author Topic: used gun dealers  (Read 539 times)

Offline hipshot300

• Trade Count: (0)
used gun dealers
« on: May 17, 2006, 05:36:04 PM »
does anyone have any web addresses for shops /dealers/wholesale suppliers that have some police trade-in revolvers?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
used gun dealers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:21:58 AM »
Check the Shotgun News - often they post adds for police turn-ins from larger dealers that include website info.  Mikey.

Offline reakin

used gun dealers
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 07:32:33 AM »
www.southernohiogun.com has some DAO stainless 4" short shroud Ruger GP100s for $230 (or $218 if buying 2 or more).

Usually see many in gun shops that Century Arms imports back into the country and sells cheap.  I remember about 2 years ago Gander Mountain was pushing stainless 4" Police Service Sixes for $199 each.  Made a nice bedstand gun  for me.

I think CDNN deals with a lot of police trade ins also.

Would be nice to find a source for some good police trade ins.  Especially some cheap SP101s.  I know I'd be interested in a couple.  reakin

Offline rockbilly

used gun dealers
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »
:D Try Auctionarms.com or Gunbrokers.com.  I have bought from both web sites.  After approximately 25-30 guns, I had one that did not meet my expectations.  It was returned and my money was refunded promptly. It cost me the shipping back to the seller ($15.00) but that is better than being out several hundred.  I bought one gun off Auctionarms that had been underwater at some point, (the gun came out of Flordia after one of the storms) the exterior of the gun looked great, but when I removed the wood everything was coated with a heavy coat of dryed mud.  I call the dealer, we reached an agreement, and he returned $200.00 to me.

If you have a good dealer that you can work through, (moist normally charge 10-20 bucks to recieve the gun and do the paperwork to transfer it to you) they will notify you immediately when the gun arrives.  It is important to go check it as quickly as possible, if there  is a problem, notify the selling dealer and tell them you are sending the gun back, and the reason.  You have to be aware of what you are buying and have some idea what the value is (Blue Book of Gun Values).  Hope this helps... :roll: