Author Topic: Cannon Mania  (Read 1597 times)

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Cannon Mania
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:15:38 AM »
:(  :(  Just a note on Cannon Mania: I purchased a 1/4 scale brass 6 pounder last year with no problem: This year, the month of  April I placed  an order for about $1000.00 worth of  various materials  (3)  1/8 th scale kits, a 23 inch barrel and  a set of machined trunnon caps plus odds and ends ,

I received 2 books that were a part of this order in a timely mannor:
but as I can see from all the recient postings I may be in for a long wait.

Has anyone been in touch with Cannon Mania during the Month of May?

Thanks for the information:

Civilcannon

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cannon Mania
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »
First April was only about 2 1/2  weeks ago. Did the paper work with the books indicate a backorder status.  Have you tried to contact Cannon mania.  How is the cannon and other stuff being shipped? UPS or truck freight?

It's way to early for you  to start panicking...this isn't Wal-Mart you are dealing with...this is a speciallty dealer.  I doubt he invests in a large inventory.

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Cannon Mania
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:26:52 AM »
Like Double D said it's still early give some it time , But I understand your concern . I placed several orders from cannon-mania and waited for several months for my orders which were promised in several weeks. look down on the topic list you'll find a thread with other complaints about thier service practices. I personally experience poor commucation with them . also anytime you did get to speak with David Ross the story with my order was always different. For this reason alone that has stop me from making other purchases from cannon-mania. Just keep calling and send as many emails it takes to get a true answer.

Ed

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
Re: Cannon Mania
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
First April was only about 2 1/2  weeks ago. Did the paper work with the books indicate a backorder status.  Have you tried to contact Cannon mania.  How is the cannon and other stuff being shipped? UPS or truck freight?

It's way to early for you  to start panicking...this isn't Wal-Mart you are dealing with...this is a speciallty dealer.  I doubt he invests in a large inventory.

Hay Double D:

Its now mid Novemberand I am starting to panic.I just left another message with David at Cannon Mania suggesting a trade for a product of similar value to what I first ordered. last week the telephone mail box was full and not taking any new messages so I guess I am making progress.

Offline reddog

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »
Hi Civelcannon, I got my first cannon from cannon-mania, it came in 4 weeks. 1 inch bore field cannon.(witch is now out of stock) It seems if you spend a lot of cash you get what you want, but you still got to wait. the other things like fuse or ball mould take fore ever( He dont sell ball moulds anymore) I got every thing I orderd, but I would not deal with him agian, do to his poor custemer service. My new cannon is on the way, from another company.
"Catch A cannonball, now take me down the line. My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time."

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »
Hay Double D:

Its now mid Novemberand I am starting to panic.I just left another message with David at Cannon Mania suggesting a trade for a product of similar value to what I first ordered. last week the telephone mail box was full and not taking any new messages so I guess I am making progress.

Yeah, go ahead and panic now, won't do any good.  Suggest you contact the State Attorney General's office, Consumer fraud division.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »
Been close to a year for me... no ball mould, no money back.

I have written it off as a total loss. The only thing I got out of it is a perpetual license to bring the incident up again and again.

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »
Cannon-Mania was mentioned on one of the machinist board gunsmithing sections that I moderate.  I posted links to the two Cannon-Mania threads over here so you are getting even more play than you think.  :-)
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill