Author Topic: Cannon Mania  (Read 4017 times)

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Cannon Mania
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »
Yes: it was early April when I placed my order about 6weeks ago :

just about the time indicated for the backorder as per the paperwork;

I called one time and sent one e-mail  with no responce:

I agree its to early to be concerned, but if you are waiting on a barrel for your new build, you know how how I feel.

Thanks for the support:

civilcannon

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
Cannon Mania
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:23:22 PM »
time to kick this back up in plain sight. How long has it been... I can't remember now. 5 months maybe? Heck if I can remember.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Cannon Mania
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:38:26 PM »
Cannon-MANIA   Mania., this is a key word here., MANIA.  I too placed an order in November for trunnion caps., I have since moved on and did something differant to meet the projects requirement., I cant wait on Mania to return a message....., that would be like asking for a common courtesy., which as a paying customer you do not deserve......,from that company..................................., in short...........,Get used to it.

P.S. Yea actually I am surprised they have not been black balled really from this site., anyone listed in the links on this site should be reputable., otherwise they really should be removed. ., some people interested in cannoneering.., may think greybeard endorses this business., why else would they list them?  Now I am not saying they do..., what I am saying is to John Q Newby who hasnt followed all of this thread...., it does look like people you list are people you support ....., usually ? no? If you find Cannon-Mania thru greybeard...., and Cannon-Mania jacks you this way., then its found out Greybeard has threads on this...,how does it make Greybeard look?   I am just curious on this ?

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cannon Mania
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 06:52:05 PM »
Quote from: Tropico
P.S. Yea actually I am surprised they have not been black balled really from this site., anyone listed in the links on this site should be reputable., otherwise they really should be removed. ., some people interested in cannoneering.., may think greybeard endorses this business., why else would they list them?  Now I am not saying they do..., what I am saying is to John Q Newby who hasnt followed all of this thread...., it does look like people you list are people you support ....., usually ? no? If you find Cannon-Mania thru greybeard...., and Cannon-Mania jacks you this way., then its found out Greybeard has threads on this...,how does it make Greybeard look?   I am just curious on this ?

Comments folks???

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Cannon Mania
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:35:24 AM »
We have had both good and bad reports from this vendor.

We might want to consider the rating of vendors or a link(s) to the comments about them put next to their links in the where-to-get list.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Cannon Mania
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:01:26 AM »
Quote from: Cat Whisperer
We have had both good and bad reports from this vendor.

We might want to consider the rating of vendors or a link(s) to the comments about them put next to their links in the where-to-get list.

I believe Tim's suggestion for consideration is a very worthy one.  I have ordered stuff from C.M. and was pleased with the merchandise however I was very displeased with their communication skills (none) and delays in shipping.  The rating would be very helpful for folks ordering with the knowledge that their orders may be a "little" slow in shipping and that TIMELY responses should NOT really be expected.  It's only fair to the vendor and the customer.  Perhaps a very slim chance but there is always that little chance that the vendor may get the message that his customer handling needs some improvement.  Behind the vendors listing, there could be a number 10 indicating perfect handling, down to a 1 which would signify lousey handling in shipping.  The same number system could apply to the communications that we have experienced with that particular vendor in the past.
Hey, the truth shouldn't hurt their business and it they do get some lousey reviews, it's due to THEIR handling of previous orders.  IMHO. :-)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Double D

Cannon Mania
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »
I am opposed to removing any of the links on the cannon resource list.  These are links and not endorsements.  They are there for your information. It's up to you to do the research and find out from these companies how they do business.

Removing a supplier from the list does nothing.  There is nothing to explain why a business is not listed.  Could it be that we just haven't found the supplier yet.  

I think Tim's idea to link negative feedback to their listing is a good one.  But where do we draw line.

One person posting say I am unhappy with waiting 6 weeks for my order doesn't mean the supplier is bad.  Several people over a period of time saying hey this company has a problem and we are all having the same problem, well then that is different.    But what if it is a one time problem that finally gets corrected. What do you do then?

What if we have several guys order the same product. They don't get that product and like in this issue they don't get any feedback or imformation on when they will get the product.  And, that product is one of several hunderd products the company supplies and everything else  in the product line is delivered promptly.  No feed back or communication needed on goods delivered.

We had a battle with Greystar a couple of years ago when we told people that Greystar wasn't supplying seamless liners and were telling people that seamed liners were just fine.  We marked their listing with a warning about them  not using seamless liners.

As the result discussions with GreyStar they changed their website and started offering seamless liners.  We removed the warning.

Since then we have had two reports of Greystar barrels with crooked liners.  On both occasions Greystar has made good on replacing the defective guns.  So is GreyStar bad or good. Should their listing be marked?

I would be more inclined to post a disclaimer at the top of the list telling every one to do there home work before ordering on line.  You must do your research before you buy anything over the interent.  

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Cannon Mania
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 11:15:20 AM »
Indeed, caveat emptor.  And all you have to do to research is search the forum threads.  A reminder of this at the top of the resources thread can't hurt, but this isn't Consumer Reports--Blackpowder Artillery Branch.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
Cannon Mania
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 12:25:42 PM »
For me, it is not so much the matter of slow/lengthy shipping times.  It is mainly about the vendor not communicating, failing to return calls or not answering the cash customer's inquiries.  If they want to stay in business, they should communicate with their customers on as much of a timely basis as possible.  If an item will take six months or what ever the time span is to get shipped, then the customer should be made aware of it.  Simple.  COMMUNICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am well aware of many times where there are circumstances where it may be difficult to do that required/expected communicating, but when the damn phone rings, pick it up and answer it and don't just hope that it quits ringing and the customer will give up trying... :evil:
It is noted that on the FAL Files website, there is one catagory "REVIEWS" which will cover the good and bad reviews of the varioius vendors.  It does get used a lot.
OK, don't everyone jump on my case at once.  :wink:

Offline Smoke n oak

Re: Cannon Mania
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:20 AM »
   I can't see how Cannon Mania has had a on line store for 10 years? They seem to have all the goodies that make me drule, but I to have had the same experince with them. placed an order and 4 months later nothing! what to do?   

Smoke n oak
Smoke n oak

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
Please read all posts concerning Cannon Mania and then see what you think.

Did you pay for your order up front?   ??? Yea  ., I hope for you....., you have not as of yet..., as it may be near impossible to get money back or the product. I believe he is a crook. He doesn't make any of the items...., he just has pictures of the items.., then he hopes his actual sub-contractors actually have the time from their actual lives  to actually make the items  ....., mean while Mr. Ross just keeps your money....., then if the item doesn't get made....., Then Mr. Ross has spent your money.....There ..., there it is ..., cannon-  MANIA  He has a pretty good scam going really.., I wonder how much  doe he's actually raked in?  He's a better pirate than I !

Offline dmeyn

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:19 AM »
The bad thing is that cannon mania is easier to find when you google cannons or model cannons.  I found their site, ordered, and it was a week and several hours of cannon searching on the net before I located you guys.  When I came to the cannon mania posts searching greybeard my heart dropped to my stomach.  I was lucky I immediately canceled my order and disputed the charge.  I was actually credited promptly from the vendor.  The dispute took a couple of months to catch up with him of which time he had credited me and my bank had informed me my temporary credit would stay on the account.  He obviously did not reply to the credit card disput until he figured out it was going to cost him 726.00 if he didn't.  Then the bank finally reversed their credit.  Live and learn.

Offline radio2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »
I did the same thing as dmeyn, I know the feeling after you find this place and read about cannon mania. Thank god I used a credit card. Now I try to use site sponsors as much as possible!

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
Now I try to use site sponsors as much as possible!
radio2

Amen to that !

Offline Double D

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »
Yesterday in a funk of boredom I picked up a SHOTGUN NEWS, something I had not done in 15 years. It hasn't changed much- except in the back was an ad for Cannon-mania! 
Now in the front of the paper they ask for anyone who has trouble with one of their advertisers to write them and tell them. seems to me there are at least a couple here and someplacethis guy has a soft spot!  WRITE_ON!
Santa Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!

Offline Double D

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 09:21:32 AM »
Here you go guys  SGNews@primedia.com

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
thanks ... my email was sent

Offline Smoke n oak

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »
 I'm glad I only ordered once from C M. They lost a lot of business from me.  Thanks guys, for a forum to express my displeasure ;D
Smoke n oak

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on Cannon Mania I added my complaint along with the others.

Its been over a year now, I am still out over$700.00 with no response from CM.

I did get a reply from the State of Connecticut, Department of Consumer protection thanking me for my compliant
basically stating that they cannot offer direct personal assistance with MY problem.

they stated that we have closed my compliant but if a pattern emerges and formal action is taken they have my name and address on file.

Offline Double D

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »
How many of you guys have filed complaints with the Connecticut AG?  Sounds like you all need to get together and write one letter with copies of the complaints you have filed send it off to the AG  and ask if those lcomplaints might indicate a pattern.

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 05:33:34 AM »
Yesterday in a funk of boredom I picked up a SHOTGUN NEWS, something I had not done in 15 years. It hasn't changed much- except in the back was an ad for Cannon-mania! 
Now in the front of the paper they ask for anyone who has trouble with one of their advertisers to write them and tell them. seems to me there are at least a couple here and someplacethis guy has a soft spot!  WRITE_ON!
Santa Dave

Dave, I'll probably write to Shotgun News  too but I'd sure like to see their ad first.  Can you please advise in which issue (date) you found that ad for Cannon Mania?  Many thanks!  Blaster (Bob in So. CO)

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:44 PM »
OK.  Can ANYONE tell me what issue of the Shotgun News has that ad about Cannon Mania.  Please..

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »
Sorry I took so long to reply! (Iv'e been playing nurse, a 28 hr a day job.)
The issue is Volume 61 issue 10 , April 9, 2007  And it's on pages 80&82 It's only a little add in large print  it says:
     CANNONS, CANNONS,
     CANNONS, BLACK
     Powder & Cartridge
     types. Blanks, Fuses
     & MORE! Visit
     www.(the name). com
(I'm NOT gonna print his ad for him!)
Hope it helps get this guy!
Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!

Offline dobber

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
i have to complain about cannon mania as well. I placed an order on November 1, 2006, now in late May of 2007 i still havent heard from them.  called everyday for about 2 weeks, fiiled up his voice mail and emailed alot and still have heard nothing.  May he burn in the 7th circle of Hades.

Offline radio2

• Avid Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
i have to complain about cannon mania as well. I placed an order on November 1, 2006, now in late May of 2007 i still havent heard from them.  called everyday for about 2 weeks, fiiled up his voice mail and emailed alot and still have heard nothing.  May he burn in the 7th circle of Hades.

If you payed by credit card call and place a dispute,  My cc company credited my account right away!

Offline Preacher_of_Boom

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 02:08:32 PM »
A couple of years ago, someone bought a cannon and posted about it at another gun forum I frequent. When my interest was piqued, I did a Google search, and Cannon-mania was at the top of the pile. It's terrible that one of the sites that contains so much helpful information and seems to offer so much, delivers so little besides frustration. That was before I found this forum.

Bummer. >:(
US Army--Field Artillery

Offline Smoke n oak

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 07:28:27 AM »
WoW!! Cannon Mania got back with me on my order ( I placed on Dec.22 2006 :-\ ) and told me that he shipped it. And guess what, I got confirmation from UPS that it rely did get shipped! I had given up on it and thought I had been rip off, With there standard lack of communication. I hope it was worth the time and money. I will probably not buy from them again, To bad they seem to have some nice stuff for cannon fans.
  Hang in there, I hope you get you're order in a timely manner. But it may take a long time with C.M.

Smoke n oak
Smoke n oak

Offline Double D

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 08:44:37 AM »
This topic is locked please refer to Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania

Offline Double D

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
FYI Cannon mania is now Flash60 LLC

Hear is a reference to them in the Georgia Governors Office of Consumer affairs under Unfair and Deceptive Marketing Practices public record.

http://consumer.georgia.gov/about-us/accomplishments/2011-accomplishments-enforcement.

David Ross, doing business as Cannon-Mania,sold cannons through the Internet. OCP opened an investigation into the practices of Ross in May 2010 after receiving complaints of non-delivery of product and his failure to provide refunds. The investigation confirmed these allegations and also revealed that Cannon-Mania was no longer in business. Furthermore, it was discovered that Ross had started another company named Flash60, LLC, also to sell cannons on the Internet. Ross entered into an Assurance of Voluntary Compliance requiring him individually and Flash60, LLC to refrain from violating Georgia law. He was also required to place explicit disclosures on his website concerning the availability of products and refunds. Ross paid $831 in consumer restitution and a civil penalty of $6,000.

cannon-mania info