Author Topic: 45 ACP Pocket Pistol?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Steelbanger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:32:19 AM »
Warm weather is here and I find myself carrying my Colt Pocketlite Mustang in 380. I often feel that I should have something more efficient for a summer carry gun and am wondering about a small 45 auto. Is there anything on the market in 45 that holds 4-5 rounds? Lighter is better too because this would be carried much more than it would be fired.

For a while I considered a revolver (Bulldog 44) but they're just a bit too large to conceal in my pocket.

Thank you.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life

Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Offline RedneckRepairs

• Trade Count: (0)
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:43:19 AM »
several 1911 makers are offering sub compacts ,  springfield , detonics , and i belive kimber.. Kahr makes a nice thin .45 and a couple of truely pocket sized .40s in plastic or steel   shop arround is all i can say

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »
AMT Backup in 45ACP.  It is pratically indentical in size to the smallest Kahrs in 40S&W.  The AMT is beeing made new again by High Standard (the 22 people) or you can pick up a used one at a real bargain price.  The last one I bought was $125 out the door in 45ACP.  I also have them in 40S&W, 9MM, 357SIG.  Great little guns, but you better have big pockets.

Offline Old Griz

45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 08:53:02 PM »
:cb2: Have you considered the baby Glock, the G27 I think, in .40? It ain't a .45, but it sure is three times the gun of that .380.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Dusty Miller

45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 09:08:03 PM »
What Old Griz sed.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Steelbanger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »
I'd like to thank all of you for the input. I'll have to take a serious look at some of those.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life

Marlin - a hard habit to break.

Offline williamlayton

45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:06:21 AM »
I have been carrying a PPK for a long time. I am in agreement that it is small caliber, though for the purpose it is a good weapon.
Kahr makes a small one in a 9mm also.
It is sufficent and I do carry a Sig 239 in a .357sig sometimes but it is a little large.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »
Consider the Para C6.45LDA ... it isn't too much bigger than a Colt Pocket Nine ...

... which is about the same size as your Colt Pocketlite Mustang -- although, being all-steel, it's a bit on the havey size but that added weight helps tame the recoil in such a small package.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »
For a good size comparison on many popular pocket pistols, see the following chart.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.jpg

Roll Tide

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
45 ACP Pocket Pistol?
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »
Check out this little 45ACP...Seems like a nice little piece.  Too bad the nearest dealer is about 90 miles from my house...I might have taken a drive to have a look see if it were a little closer.

http://www.cobrapistols.com/products/doubleaction.htm
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense