Author Topic: easy carry Pardner 20  (Read 923 times)

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
easy carry Pardner 20
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:10:59 PM »
I won a Pardner 20 gauge 26" at a Whitetails Unlimited banquet in 2001. Never paid much attention to it until last year. I like to scout the whitetail woods early in the year while carrying a shot gun. In the past it has been an 835 Mossberg, a large heavy gun. The Pardner is a dream to carry. I like the way I can wrap my hand completely around it. I don't know much about this gun. I do know it has many options. I just recently realized that I too am part of the NEF fan club.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
easy carry Pardner 20
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »
They are very nice to carry along if you have been used to a pump, thats for sure. I carry a 24" barreled 3-1/2"Full Chambered Pardner in 12ga, with synthetic stocks. Sure is a tumper, but like I said it's a joy to carry. You just don't want to take it to the all day Skeet shoot if you know what I mean :)
-Aaron

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
easy carry Pardner 20
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:36:50 PM »
Cheese

Something you may like to look at is a set of Tamer stocks for the 20 ga

The one in the back is my Tamer 20 and i like the idea of having 3 extra shells close at hand .

Here is a better pic.

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?recordno=4&Product_CatalogID=2878&ProductNumber=19%2D01%2D14&ProductCode=33&ProductSubCodeID=199&NewProduct=0
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Re: easy carry Pardner 20
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »
The 26" Pardner 20 gauge makes one outstanding foster slug thrower. For some reason the modified choke on these barrels do excellent with the cheap foster style slugs. I was getting nice 3 & 4" groups with mine offhand and with open sights at 50 yards.. I got a wild hair and took it to my smith and he d&t'ed it and mounted a standard scope rail. I added a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32 and now it's one hole at 50 yards.  :o  A LOT of my deer hunting is done from tree stands and ladder stands that only allow for 50-60 yard shots at the farthest. This will be excellent for that type hunting and should create a blood trail that a blind man could follow.
I haven't tried it without the scope yet with a standard shot load but I can still see the bead with the scope removed and the rail left on the barrel.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: easy carry Pardner 20
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 01:50:27 PM »
I had one of my barrels checked by a Smith a couple years ago and he said they lean toward the more open end of the scale on the Modified choke.  That may be why the Fosters do so well with them.  Just a thought!
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"