Author Topic: Have an opportunity to transfer....have to pass though!!!  (Read 438 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Have an opportunity to transfer....have to pass though!!!
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »
I always said if I could transfer out of New York I'd be gone in a heart beat. Well my opportunity is here but I have to turn it down. It's to Belvidere, Illinois. Our plant is cutting back on 250 employees (at least for now!). They're offering this transfer and a few different buy outs. If it was Indiana, Ohio or Michigan I be gone.........can't go to Illinois though............more liberal then New York! I'd be taking a step backwards as far as gun laws go. An opportunity like this might not happen again......I just can't do it :shock: !
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:35:53 PM »
Ain't no place like home!
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 03:47:30 PM »
My wife is from southern Ill.  I've always thought that Illiois should secede from Chicago and that would solve all their problems.  Just a bunch of conservative farmers and coal miners if you take Chicago out of the equation.

Ian

P.S.  I forgot... you'd have to put up a fence between Illinois and East St. Louis too.  That's a pit... a deep one.
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »
Quote from: Haywire Haywood
Just a bunch of conservative farmers and coal miners if you take Chicago out of the equation.
Kinda sounds like New York State. Get rid of New York City and we'd be all set!!! :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »
Know how you feel. After 53 years, I left the Hudson Valley for NC. I have 2 little girls and it was so tough paying taxes, and saving for college.
I never saw my wife, and daycare was raising my kids. Even though we had real good jobs, it was ridiculous.! No way to live. Hard to explain to my southern friends the rural lifestyle, that by and large is more rural than the south. I miss home, but we now have a family life, and I have friends that let me deer hunt and trout fish. .. It's been a good move. The jokes about Hillary have stopped, after the South voted Al Sharpton delegates to the Dem Nat convention... Something that has not hapened in his home state... There's tradeoffs and deer everywhere!!!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 11:56:42 PM »
The family's interest come before all else.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD