Author Topic: WHA Hunting Tour... AKA ""drug a deer for dollars&  (Read 607 times)

Offline DavOh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
WHA Hunting Tour... AKA ""drug a deer for dollars&
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:44:08 PM »
http://www.worldhunt.com/

quote:

DETROIT, Jun 6, 2006 (Business Wire) -- The World Hunting Association (WHA) officially launched today as a global competitive sporting establishment dedicated to organizing and promoting the sport of hunting and conservation.

The WHA promises to take hunting to a new level by creating a competitive hunting tour, showcasing the sport's finest hunters competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money. The 2006 inaugural world wide tour will kick off this fall in Gladwin, Michigan at the Lost Arrow Ranch.

David Farbman, a prominent Michigan real estate executive and avid hunter, founded the WHA and will serve as the organization's Commissioner and CEO. The WHA concept has strong financial backing from a number of prominent investors, including Mr. Farbman himself.

"We are prepared to lead the hunting industry into new areas of Tour events and state-of-the-art website interactivity that promise to deliver the excitement of hunting to a new audience while showcasing the passion and skills of the professional hunter in full-scale, non-fatal competition," noted Farbman. "The WHA fills a void by providing a platform that benefits the entire international hunting industry today and for generations to come."

In addition to its investors, the WHA has secured prestigious hunting industry inaugural sponsors including G-5 Outdoors, Eastman Outdoors, Inc. (Carbon Express Arrows), Gorilla, Inc. (Treestands), Xtreme Scents, Pneu-Dart, and others. Additional sponsors will be unveiled in the coming months from the hunting industry and mainstream mass-market advertisers.

"We're honored to have been chosen as one of the first sponsors of the WHA," said Lou Grace, owner of G5 Outdoors. "From a marketing standpoint, we believe the WHA represents a great opportunity for companies to tap into a very lucrative demographic. We're looking forward to working with the WHA."

The WHA will feature a series of major tournament events, oversight on a series of smaller events, and a highly interactive and informative website for members. WHA events will be broadcast through many outlets including Internet, television, Pay-per-view, On Demand, and others. WHA plans to become the standard for professional hunting competition and to grow and enhance the industry's image and presence.

During WHA Tour events, highly skilled hunters from around the world will compete, utilizing the WHA's patent-pending, respectful non-fatal tranquilizing technique that will allow for a thrilling tournament experience. This technique will expand the hunting fan base beyond passionate hunters to a broad-based mainstream audience, which will resonate well with the country's leading companies and brands. The WHA will also have a significant economic impact on the local communities where the Tour events will be held, starting with Michigan, and is committed to supporting hunting-related charitable organizations worldwide.

"The WHA will take hunting to a level on par with other popular sports organizations," said Brett Hankins, a WHA Tour hunter. "For far too long, hunters have looked forward to the day when we would eventually get our own professional sports league. Well, that time has arrived and we are extremely excited."

About the World Hunting Association

The World Hunting Association(TM) (WHA) is a global competitive sporting establishment dedicated to organizing and promoting the sport of hunting and conservation. The World Hunting Association includes a ground-breaking, professional, non-fatal competitive hunting tour, spotlighting some of the world's greatest skilled hunters competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money, as well as patent-pending technologies in the field and on the website that take hunting to a new level. The WHA will enhance the image and experience of hunting today and for the generations of tomorrow. The WHA was created by entrepreneur and hunting enthusiast David Farbman. More information about the World Hunting Association is available at www.worldhunt.com.

How many folks here see this as acceptable??? Personally, I feel it's a perversion of our passion. But that's just me.

Sound off guys.
-Davoh

Offline jhm

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »
I saw nothing wrong with a complete BLACK screen

Offline horseman308

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »
Most of the hunters I've talked to on other forums are outraged, myself included. It's digusting. From what I understand, many of the major sponsors have pulled out. My in-laws have a place up at Gladwin, MI, where the first one is supposed to be held. I've driven around part of that ranch; 15 foot fence all the way around. Maybe that's normal for game ranches, but I still don't care for it. If this thing actually happens, I may go up there and protest it.
You only take one shot at a time, so don't waste it :cb2:

Offline CyberSniper

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why this idea gives me a vague uneasy
feeling. After all, it's a lot like the concept of a fishing tournament,
which has long been accepted.Catch and release hunting ?

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Just Ignore Them
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:58:40 AM »
Don’t get riled up by their hype.  Ignore them!  Don’t purchase from their sponsors.  Don’t visit their web site.  These will affect them financially and intellectually.  Ostracism is the most perfect form of intelligent protest.  Without an audience, they have nothing to sell.  Find something else to discuss on this Board.  Just ignore them and they will go away.  If they don't, who will care?

Land Owner
If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:47:51 AM »
Let me see.......the liberal media.......wants to broadcast a non-lethal hunting program.........kind of like catch and release fishing........

I think I see their agenda........

See boys....you don't need a gun to hunt, and you really don't want to eat that deer do you?

I hope I'm wrong.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:52 PM »
Already replied to this in another forum... but new ideas.  Anyone ever think of talking to the NRA about lobbying against this?  I mean, I know that people would take the NRA lobbying against any type of hunting and run with it, but seriously, the harming of animals for the sole purpose of sport is disgusting.  This is one issue that me and and the humane society may agree on, most likely the only one, but one.  

The mistreatment of animals for fun is kind of like very young kids that don't know better and the dog...  These kids need a spanking.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline j.trevor123

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »
So one inform me, but hasnt the NRA disgust this already. I woud think if they have heard of it then they might be all over it already. I think it is a stupid idea, it takes away from what hunting is really about... Friendships, hard work work, meals... etc