Author Topic: Here's a Really Neat Idea.....  (Read 562 times)

TM7

Here's a Really Neat Idea.....
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »
This is what they're talking about :twisted: .....what do think? .....FYI... TM7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensmPJm5B5A&feature=PlayList&p=FCB503727E25BA5D&index=7

Offline slide-flipper

• Trade Count: (0)
it's in the oath...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »
"all enemies foriegn and domestic".  Many have taken that oath.  Just who decides who are the domestic enemies?

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »
:cb2: It seems many politicians, including the President, can't even figure out the "foreign" part!
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:05:46 PM »
It would bring our standard of living down and Mexico's up, just like when the eastern block countries and their people streamed into western europe when the wall came down.  Bad idea.  I don't give a flip one way or the other about Canada.  It could break off and float away and I'd think, well... that's interesting.  Now if Mexico or Kommiefornia were to do the same... party time.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:23:47 AM »
I think it's a great idea, or it WAS at least... more than a century ago!

I've long been of the opinion that the US should have annexed the entire former No. American Spanish colonies (not merely Fla, Tex, N.Mex, AZ and Cal.) all the way to the Isthmus during the 19th century when the rest was absorbed.
That would clear up any confusion regarding sovereignty over the canal as well.

When the 54/40' border dispute with Canada occured at the boundry with BC (if not sooner during other differences) the US should have given Great Britain a reasonable, closed-end time frame to extract themselves, their own tangible possessions and presence,  from the continent or face being pushed into the No. Atlantic.

Unfortunately I don't see how present day mimicry of a one nation No. American continent serves any purpose other than creating even greater security and social problems than those already facing us.
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 07:24:46 AM »
:cb2: We don't want Canada to float off! They're our #1 trading partner on this planet! Plus they are about to become one of the world's largest oil producers. :shock:

Mexico is our #1 welfare state. :eek:
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."