Author Topic: MICRO artillery for the 4th  (Read 1157 times)

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
MICRO artillery for the 4th
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:58:59 PM »
:D  Have been busy getting ready for the holiday...adding to our micro collectiion and really enjoying.  These little cannon can really SPEAK!  They are in stock and ready to ship. With the 4th coming up, wanted to make sure everyone has the opportunity to celebrate in style!  Available as complete cannon or barrel only.   You can view these and our larger replicas at: www.brooks-usa.com  

For those new to this forum, check out the BACKYARD CANNON FUN thread for info, pics and even a 3 second video (might be on second page after more than 5,000 hits; darn, can somebody help bring it back to the front?! After all, the 4th is a great backyard fun day!) I say celebrate it with a BANG!

OR TWO OR THREE OR.......how much black powder did you say you have?

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
Hey Irish !!

I'll post a few Photos showing off some off My Micro's purchased From you. Let me tell you folks their A blast..

Its great investment.. get them while you can.. :lol:

Offline Mike White

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
Do these use a fuse or some sort of percussion cap? I'm interested...
USAF Active Duty

My Rifles
Remington Model 600 in 6mm Remington
Remington Model 700P in .308 Winchester
Remington Model 788 in .22-.250

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 03:58:02 PM »
Hi Mike,

I noticed you are from Eglin AFB. I blew up part of Eglin a few weeks ago (I think that happens alot :-)

Try pyrocreations.com for mini-cannon 1/16 " fuse. There is a thread about it a while back. Last I knew he still had some in stock.

Rick

Offline Mike White

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 04:22:34 PM »
LOL, yeah it happens alot. You should have been here when they dropped the MOAB!
USAF Active Duty

My Rifles
Remington Model 600 in 6mm Remington
Remington Model 700P in .308 Winchester
Remington Model 788 in .22-.250

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »
:)

Ah Ha...a possible recruit to the wonderful world of MICRO cannon!  

Sounds like you guys are having too much fun.... x USAF, 355th TFW, myself...

Mike, We are getting quite an impressive line of artillery in our Micro Collection.  They are designed for black powder signal; and with a light load (10 grains ffg), make excellent firecracker launchers (for best results, we recommend Black Cat firecrackers) for that secondary detonation!  (See BACKYARD CANNON FUN thread).  Either way, we use 1/16" fuse.  It can be purchased several places online-- here is a page you can view (we use the Premium Chinese Visco) http://www.cannonfuse.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=87

Yes, EL, we have 2 custom barrels on schedule for you.  Just finishing the Brass Gun Safe Handles.  NO BANG, but protect a lot of good stuff. A pretty heavy load...they weigh 6# each....obviously made in USA, used by a custom safe manufacturer out in the middle of the country.  

Don't forget to check us out at:  www.brooks-usa.com !    Michael

Offline Chad G

• Long time lurker
Re: MICRO artillery for the 4th
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 06:21:59 PM »
Hey, I've been a lurking here for a year now, but registered just recently,  I'm taken by the mini cannons-simply cause I dont have anymore room for big guns and they are easier to pack in a truck. I have a rather large collection of centerfires.

Would it be possible to load bird shot in one of the Mountain Howitzers? (it'd be a load equal to a .410 or less)
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: MICRO artillery for the 4th
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:22 PM »
Chad -

WELCOME to (participating in) the board!

If loading it with birdshot treat it just like a muzzle loading pistol - take a look at materials, design (wall thickness and inside contour rounding) and loading.  If similar, expect similar results; if more or less robust expect more or less results.

Pressures go up dramatically when using real loads vs. blank loads; good of you to ask the question - perhaps the makers will reflect on the suggested application.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)