Author Topic: changing scope recticles  (Read 381 times)

Offline koivu

• Trade Count: (0)
changing scope recticles
« on: June 18, 2006, 06:12:16 AM »
I picked up a used remington mountain rifle yesterday.  It came with a Leopold 3-9 scope.  The scope has fine crosshairs which will are obviously not the best for bush hunting.  Can anybody tell me what it will cost to put in a duplex recticle?  One of the guys I know was suggesting a recticle called a German  # 4.  Anybody have any thoughts on that system?  Thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
changing scope recticles
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:26 AM »
Leupold has everything available including pricing on their custom shop web site. Pricing and order form is in the downloadable .pdf at the bottom of the page.

Tim

http://www.leupold.com/resources/custom_shop/custom_shop.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Dave in WV

changing scope recticles
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:10:35 AM »
I have a VX 2 with a #4 reticle from Premier Reticle. It has a thickness in the center about the same a standard Duplex and the thick part of the posts about three times as thick. I really like it. The Leupold #4 has a center about the same as the heavy Duplex. My son has a fixed 6x Leupold with the heavy duplex and I like it over the standard Duplex reticle from Leupold. Most folks can't seem to shoot groups as small with a thicker reticle but I don't target shoot other than to sight in so it's not a problem for me.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline flintlock

changing scope recticles
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
I had my Leupold changed a couple of years ago...If I remember right it was $80...I went with the Heavy Duplex...I love it..I'm 50 it really helps in low light situations...It seems to cover about 3/4 inch at 100 yards.