Author Topic: Pardner pump aftermarket stocks  (Read 1791 times)

Offline muherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner pump aftermarket stocks
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:09:09 AM »
I'm looking for a camo stock for 12g. pardner, where can I get one?  I've heard people say that 870 stocks work....but I've also heard they don't  :(

PS..... great board lots of info

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:17:09 AM »
muherd,

Welcome  :D

I have tested stocks from 3 different 870's on my Pardner Pump.  They all fit perfectly.  One was the synthetic the other 2 were wood.  I have also tested the Choate Mark 6 stock on mine.  I will be purchasing one of those shortly.  All stocks fit great.  The Choate was a bit large at the mating area (same as on my Survivor), so I think I'll be sanding it down for a more clean look.  Hope this helps.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline muherd

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply.......what about the forend?  I was wanting to try and buy a 870 corn field camo kit and try to install it.  Any tips on getting the old stock off?

Heres what I was wanting......

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0012771224678a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=shotgun+stocks&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=shotgun+stocks&noImage=0

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:28:15 AM »
I didn't try the forend.  All I was interested in was the thumbhole sytle stocks.

As far as taking off the butt stock, you just unbolt it.  There is a bolt that runs in from the back.  You have to remove the buttplate then you can access the bolt.  I don't remember if it was a hex bolt, or a slotted.  Something makes me think I used a long slotted screwdriver to remove it.  Either way, it was super easy.  Just the one bolt plus the 2 screws (cross) you have to remove to get the buttplate off.

Hope this helps,
RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline muherd

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:49:24 AM »
I have no idea of how to get the forend off...it looks a little more tricky, but the stock comes right off thanks. I might just end up buying a nicer wooden stock.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 12:46:27 PM »
Check your Owner's Manual.  There should be complete disassembly and maintenance instructions in there.  Hope this helps

Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline muherd

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
Actually after a better look I got the forend right off...... :eek: Just unscrew the bolt inside the forend.  The only thing I'm worried about now is finding a kit that will fix right----there has to be someone whos installed a 870s forend or used a different type.