Author Topic: At what point did you realize that...  (Read 530 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
At what point did you realize that...
« on: June 21, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »
...the only things in life that matter are hunting and fishing?  For me, it was the realization that I was spending too much time working and that something had to be done about it.
Safety first

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »
:D For me it all started when my dad took me and my older brother squirrel hunting when I was about 8 years old I guess and my bro was 12. He would take us only sometimes BUT it wasn't good enough for me and bro. Hunting was all we thought about, all we wanted to do. When my brother got his drivers license it was all over with. He would pick me up from school then we would shoot home get our gear and to the woods we went. We went everey day we could, just about EVERY DAY. It's still pretty much the same way except, I'm 32 and he's 36. We don't get to go as much as we wish anymore due to the full time jobs and families YOU KNOW. Dad still goes deer hunting with us sometimes but thats it, he gave up the small game years ago. He never had the hunting bug like we did and we still do.
As for fishing --- I'll do it but it's not one of my favorite thing to do, never was. Might go twice a year just to say I went.

Offline Questor

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 03:07:07 AM »
Sounds like dad needs a beagle. Arooo!  That'll jumpstart some interest in small game.
Safety first

Offline DWARREN123

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »
While in the military, doing a lot of things that caused stress, needed something to relieve the stress. I have found that fishing, shooting and hunting relieves stress for me.