Author Topic: Please post your apologies here...  (Read 2016 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Please post your apologies here...
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »
For those that used the DNC spin doctor's "talking points", saying such things as "there were NO weapons of mass destruction inIraq"..

Or here is one of their favorites: "Bush lied; people died"..

...Trying to say that the Pres. lied when he said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Now that the truth is finally emerging, it is obvious that he was telling the truth and his detractors were lying...

Anyone who repeated those kind of "talking points" here, accusing our Pres. of lying...

PLEASE USE THIS STRING TO OFFER YOUR APOLOGIES...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline FWiedner

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »
All of the chemical weapons discussed in the "new" reports had been previously cataloged between 1991 and 2003.

Of course Saddam had them.  Everybody knew that he did.

The suggestion that these materials have been "found" is a patently false claim on the part of Republican shills to try and trick a sleepy public into believing a lie that they keep repeating over and over and over.

This is as much news as Bush finding his belly button.  He knew it was there.  It's been hidden from public view for some time.  Most people forgot it was there.  Then one day out of the blue..."Laura, Laura, LOOK...!!!"

Bush lied, and these reports of new-found materials are out-and-out BS.

Bush is lying again.

:?
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »
Sorry FW..you don't get off that easy...too many people have heard the "hate America first" gang declare that... "THERE WERE NO WMD"...

Many folks here can attest to such statements by the intellectually deprived crowd...all that remains for them is to admit their mistake and apologize...

Sorry buddy...if you made such a statement..it is quite clear now which side has been lying..

There have been found, hundreds upon hundreds of canisters of mustard and sarin....a few ounces of sarin can kill thousands..DUH !

Just finished a book by Georges Sada, Saddam's Deputy Air Marshall...

He clearly pointed out that Saddam had WMD...everything but nuclear..

Sada also explained just how they were moved and where they ended up.

FW..it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong than to insist on pursuing his lie...

Ask old Dan Blather...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »
There has been much said about the mustard gas shells or cannister or whatever being old, outdated munitions left over from Iraq's war with Iran. This may be so, and I don't care.

It does bother me some that there is an attempt to use this discovery as a validation of the allegations regarding Iraq's possession of and intent to use WMD's. It bothers me not because I think the President or his administration lied about the threat of WMD's, because I feel no such suspicion nor do I harbor any delusions that I know better than the people running this nation and prosecuting this military engagement.

No, it bothers me that this cache of poison gas represents too thin a revelation to be pointing and saying "SEE, SEE!!" It's too easy for the opposition to minimize, devalue and further attack the political supporters of US intervention into Iraq.

It has been posited that whatever WMD's Iraq had were spirited out of the country early in the invasion to be safely secreted away in Jordan and/or elsewhere. Considering the international nature of the military-political movements in the mid-east and their complete disregard for individual nations' sovereignties this suggestion is hardly unlikely. Such underhanded cooperation from other regimes is the norm... they're the ones supporting the radical insurgents after all.

I am entirely convinced that military intervention in the region was called for, if for no other reason than to remind the leaderships of the Arab nations what the US military can and will do if US security is threatened.

If there was any exaggeration of the threat Iraq's WMDs posed it was only to effectively communicate the danger and need to act to the complacent, dim-witted average US citizen who essentially requires someone to draw pictures for them before their concrete thinking minds get the message.

So if some exaggeration was used I DON'T CARE! Action needed to be taken in order to ensure the continuation of our way of life and I'm very glad and thankful to all the fine young men protecting my future. If I was not the old fart that I now am I would have enlisted on Sept. 12!!
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:50:28 AM »
Hammerspur;
  I think we all know that the WMD thing is just a straw man set up by the old 60's "peacenik" retreads.

The President made it perfectly clear that there were MANY reasons why Saddam had to go..

A) The torture and murder of many of his own people

B) Harboring and abetting terorists and their organizations

C) The refusal to allow the UN weapons inspectors to do their job.

D) Firing on our aircraft that were patrolling the "no fly" zone.

(both C&D were agreed to and signed to by Saddam's reps)

E) Saddam denied he had WMD...obviously he did.

The statements I was talking about were the ones where the Anti-Bush crowd said flatly..."There were NO weapons of mass destruction"

Friends..the word NO in this case, is an ABSOLUTE....

The dimwitted crowd did not say "there were no WMD except some that Saddam hid"

They did not say " there were SOME weapons of mass destruction"

They said "there were NO weapons of mass destruction"...and they were obviously wrong...
   Or as they accused the President...THEY were the ones "lying"..

The old hippie crowd like to say we had no reason to go into Iraq....I submit that there was much more reason to go inmto Iraq than their poster-boy Clinton had for going into Bosnia !

The worn out beatniks say that we have been in Iraq too long...going toward 3 years now...

We still have troops in Bosnia ..how long...10 years now ?

...And Clinton's adventure in Haiti....still some troops there..and it is still a mess..

To be candid, I truly didn't expect much from a Commander-in-Chief that boasted about being a draft dodger, went to a foreign country and led noisy demonstrations AGAINST his homeland...and in a moment of candor...admitted that he " loathes the military"...

Offline jpm

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:12:43 AM »
I'm afraid you'll never get an apology.  Somehow, our culture fosters illusion.  Sometimes the truth is painful, so the illusion is a more comfortable place to be.  Our politicians know this and use it to a shameful degree.  Republican or Demorcrat, makes no difference.  Un til people use their own minds, we will be a nation of sheep.  The President, the Congress, the mayor, or anyone in power tells us everything is fine, and like lemmings we all get in line and go over the cliff.  Personally I have trouble being led anywhere.  I'm a 59 yr. old man who knows whats good for me and mine.  The truth is the truth.  Don't shade it or spin it, just put it out and let people do with it what they will.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 09:08:09 AM »
F THAT! :-D

Offline Num_1_Dad

• http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin
Visit my forum at www.tuxrules.com/penguin to get the latest php forum board's with built in MOD's!
Or my forum www.tuxrules.com/discussion

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
Num_1_dad;
  Thanks for the clipping..buit I am sure the ones that should be gettting clued in...will keep their heads planted firmly in the sand...

" There are none so blind ..as those who WON'T see !".

Offline tubbythetuba

• Avid Poster
Re: Please post your apologies here...
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 11:22:41 AM »
Saddam has only Saddam to blame for his fix. If he had obeyed the UN resolutions and let the inspecters have the free access to inspect required of him, he would still be fat and happy and murdering his people. I'm glad he resisted.......
That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting  Is Deer Laughing

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 03:34:11 PM »
TM7, it is good that there are people like you that realize there was a mother load of WMD.

If sent to Syria I hope we can find a way to extract them. As far as being used against Isreal, I doubt
it. Iran & Syria KNOW what Isreal can do, I believe they are afraid to go all out, they would get smoked. It is better for them to allow Hez. to do a little here & there & they know that Isreal does
not want the flack they would get from wiping out an area.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 03:55:57 PM »
so tell me, what does it really matter now????   how does this make our situation in iraq or anywhere else any better?  by saying "i told you  i was right?"    a little late for that.   

what matters now is that we kick butt where needed, and deal with the continuing threats from the multiple fronts we now face.   the game of "i was right, you were wrong"  no matter what angle you are playing it from,  does america absolutely no good. 

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »
I personally saw the results of the gas attacks Saddam made on the Kurds.  Men, women, and children, lying dead in villages, and on mountain sides where they were trying to escape.  Dead mules lying on the mountains with babies tied to them in hopes that the animal could outrun the gas and save the babies.  I don't think for one minute that he used all of it then.  Or that he did not have the capabilliaty to make more.  Saddam just hid it well, or sent it off to Syria along with everything else.  I would not be surprised if it started showing up real soon in Southern Lebanon.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:47 AM »
   I must confess, I really didn't expect to hear ANY apologies from the liberals..they will "follow their leaders"..like a bunch of lemmings..even if they destroy the nation in doing so..

After all...We heard no apology from Old Slick for desecrating the oval office with "body fluids", we heard no apology from Hitlary for holding over 400 FBI files on congressmen in her office...
   We have heard no apology from John Heinz Kerry for calling our troops in Iraq "terrorists"...and we certainly have heard no apology from John Murtha for calling our troops in Iraq "cold blooded murderers"..

So should we expect any "class" to come from any other liberals ?

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH WHILE WAITING !

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 12:15:46 PM »
No one ever said he was a sain man.

Offline nabob

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »
Since we got rid of our chemical and biological weaponry, our policy has been that anyone using these on us will face nuclear retaliation.

It isn't any wonder he didn't use WMD's when he had them. We would have annihilated the country. He used them on Iran, heck, he used them on his own people. But faced with a sure nuclear retaliation, he balked.

Not quite THAT insane...

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
I have wondered that too & we may never know. It is hard for normal people to understand why
crazy people do what they do. Maybe he wanted to save a few he may have cared about like his boys who wound up getting killed anyway. Maybe he planned to use them at a certain stage & then
that plan fell apart if key people who would implement this fled, there is no end to the possibilities.
The main thing is he didn't use them & I hope they are not floating around as you had said earlier.

Offline nabob

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 12:48:30 AM »
Very few people, sane or otherwise, can pull the trigger on assured destruction knowing they cannot win. It takes a true fanatic, not merely a despot. I have no doubt that a Bin Laden or someone like him would not hesitate in blowing up everything including themselves even if they could not win. Saddam is a different sort of problem. Alive, he remains in the game. He enjoys power too much to willingly take his own life, I think. Alive, he's got a chance to come back and be a player. It happened during the First Gulf War, right? So maybe he figures that he can eventually outlast the US, but only if he is alive.

Then there is also the question of whether he knew he didn't have the goodies. If Saddam called me into a room and asked me if I was meeting production goals, my response would be an immediate "yes" and I'd provide all sorts of documentation, despite the fact I had produced nothing and made it all up. I read where lying to Saddam to keep from getting killed was common by Iraqi scientists, especially those in the Iraqi defense and research sectors. The embargo was keeping them from getting what they needed to make these weapons but they didn't dare tell Saddam that. So they lied. Saddam might have thought he had the weapons when in fact, he had nothing.

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 12:02:31 PM »
Saddam has only Saddam to blame for his fix. If he had obeyed the UN resolutions and let the inspecters have the free access to inspect required of him, he would still be fat and happy and murdering his people. I'm glad he resisted.......

Amen Tubby!  IMHO mentioning terrorists or WMD was a mistake. We had good reason to go without all that & if we found some while we were there fine, but using it as a reason was a boo boo IMHO.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »
Since we got rid of our chemical and biological weaponry, our policy has been that anyone using these on us will face nuclear retaliation.

It isn't any wonder he didn't use WMD's when he had them. We would have annihilated the country. He used them on Iran, heck, he used them on his own people. But faced with a sure nuclear retaliation, he balked.

Not quite THAT insane...

I did not know that...that we would have nuked him if he fought dirty. Didn't know there were rules adhered to in total war from Sad'dam's point of view.Hbllah says bring on WW3 then maybe they will use them?? In Sad'dam's  case he had nothing to loose.....if he couldn't have Iracq then nobody would get it.  So, I still don't get it why he didn't use them and blame it on foreign fighters even...just doesn't make sense. We did use DU in both wars though.

.................TM7

In the end Saddam did not use these weapons because he is a coward and afraid to die.  Remember how he was found and captured?  He was found like a scared little school boy hiding from his parents.  At least his sons and his grandson had the 'jewels' to go down fighting like men........... Saddam is a bully and a coward.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 03:49:31 PM »
 Gen Georges Sada, former Iraqi Vice Air Marshall..under Saddam Hussein, said just that in his recent book, that I have just read  !

Saddam, like Slick Willie..has a reputation for being the "come back kid"....He figured that no matter what happens...he can come back to power somehow..

As Sada explains it..Old Saddam fully realized that there is no " coming back" when you are at "ground zero"...under an nuclear explosion...

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 05:06:14 PM »
During the first gulf war there were wmds used. For several hundred years it had been recorded that the wind blew from North, to the South. The day the ground war started the wind shifted directions, from the South, blowing to the North. I remember reading this in the paper. The iraqis were using gas shells in their artillery, the gas blew back in their faces, thousands died. God was indeed with us. This should have been played up big time, but it was not. The lefty media pretty well buried it, Maybe they were afraid of offending the Godless ones if they made it look like God had intervened, I don't know, but it should have been given a lot more attention than it got. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
And that is the truth.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline IntrepidWizard

I appoligize-DUDE
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 06:06:16 PM »
I posted on this site and Marlin's old site with the citations of the WMD's ---have you forgotten ?When kids were playing in Yellow cake barrels and using them for water and old Joe Wilson was tell us there was no Niger yellow cake and the containers found by the Third Division was ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!! have you read of the accumulation of chemical Arty shells and on and on.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
Thanks Powderman!!! If that is not thought provoking, I don't know what is.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »
IW, thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about that.

Offline nabob

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »
I know of no reputable source that concludes that WMD's were used in Gulf War I. I know a lot of conspiracy sites have this theory but I don't remember any well-documented usages of WMD's by Iraq against our troops.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 06:18:01 AM »
Some think that this is a conspiracy site, apparantly.

Offline nabob

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 07:21:49 AM »
Sometimes it seems that way. In any event, I wouldn't consider ANY discussion site a reputable news source. Documentation, fact-checking, any sort of attempt to get both sides of the story from authoritative sources - this is a outdoor sports site, not a news source. I'm not demeaning anyone by that. Just stating what I see as the facts of the matter.

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 07:49:09 AM »
TM7,

I supose your at least partly right as we are involved in the UN & thats the way the first war went, UN aproved or whatever. But the UN wouldn't back us this time & I cant see a reason Bush had to drag WMD & terror into this. We coulda just went because the UN refused to back up their resolutions & we felt the need to do what needed being done. Thats basically what we did anyway. Probly oughtta just dump it in the UN's lap at this point.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!