Author Topic: Re: Saeco molds  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Saeco molds
« on: December 05, 2002, 11:32:07 AM »
Quote from: Sharps-Nut
Anyone ever use a saeco mold, are they worth a crap?  I had bad luck with a lyman so I am kinda gun shy about wasting money on there products anymore, besides that there attitude sucks.
Saeco makes a fine mold.
blue lives matter

Offline sundogg1911

• Trade Count: (0)
Saeco Moulds
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 01:55:50 PM »
Saeco makes a great mould. You also might want to try RCBS
RCBS and Lyman top punches will work in RCBS or Lyman sizers,(they are interchangable) but not in a Saeco sizer. However you can order Saeco top punches for the RCBS or Lyman Sizer. I try to stick with RCBS or Lyman just for that reason, but have used Saeco in the past with great success.
I'm curious as to what problems you encountered with the Lyman mould.

Offline hubbard

Saeco molds
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 03:13:23 PM »
only had  one new saeco and i haven't found anything wrong with it yet. it is a keith style 38. i would also like to hear about your problems with lyman.

Offline Gun142

Re: Saeco molds
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 01:08:32 AM »
Quote from: Sharps-Nut
Anyone ever use a saeco mold, are they worth a crap?  I had bad luck with a Lyman so I am kinda gun shy about wasting money on there products anymore, besides that there attitude sucks.

Saeco makes a pretty good mold. I own a few and have no complaints. The sprue cutter seems to be a little thicker on the Saeco molds which is much better than Lyman or Lee.

I bought my last Lyman mold last week. Looked it over and am not impressed with how it's made or finished. Seems like they used dull tools and I can see chatter inside the cavity.
I bought Lyman because they're the only company I know who makes a sabot slug mold like that. I'm considering buying a foster type slug mold too, but think I'll look at Lee for that.