Author Topic: LAWS AND RULES  (Read 1041 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
LAWS AND RULES
« on: July 05, 2006, 01:58:54 AM »
If this comes up twice I am not resonsible.
I have read, but cannot find, suggestions for carrying my weapon in a National Park.
Suggestions and links are appreciated.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline PaulS

Re: LAWS AND RULES
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:30:08 PM »
If this comes up twice I am not resonsible.
I have read, but cannot find, suggestions for carrying my weapon in a National Park.
Suggestions and links are appreciated.
Blessings

I will see what I can find with links but I know that at the Mount Rainier National Park entrances the sign reads; "no firearms allowed". I don't know if it is a park rule for campers, ruling that applies to all but concealed cary or if it extends to cover conceal carry and all others. I will do some research and get back to you.
PaulS

Hodgdon, Lyman, Speer, Sierra, Hornady = reliable resources
so and so's pages on the internet = not reliable resources
Alway check loads you find on the internet against manuals.
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:36:44 AM »
Williamlayton.  We do a good bit of traveling and visit National and state parks often.  I have found quite a few state parks that do not allow firearms of any type, but all of the Federal parks I have visited have signs posted preventing firearms.  This is a federal law and having a concealed permit from a state does not provide authorization to carry in the park...............now, usually when we travel we are in our truck pulling a fifth wheel trailer.  When I enter a park I lock all the guns in the floor safe located in the trailer bedroom except the one I usually carry in the truck.  I know it is against the law, but usually we are just passing through, and only on occasion spend the night in a park.  I take the chance since we are traveling and will face the music if caught, knowing the federal boys can be real rectums on firearms violations. ;)

I haver recently read an article that said some congressman/senator is working on a bill to allow a person with a concealed permit to carry on some federal property including parks.  Thois was initiated after a cougar attack in Big Bend.  Has anyone else heard of this, and what is the status?

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 02:42:41 PM »
Carrying in a National Park is a major no-no ... Source.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 10:09:39 PM »
Legal in a National Forest, illegal in a National Park.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 03:09:13 PM »
And its a good thing too 'cuz ya never know when somebody is going to just flat git overcome by "gun fever" and start blast'n the snot out of everything in sight!! ::)
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »
Well boys--I FORGOT to take it out of the truck when I first enetered one of the parks and, well, er, I just plain forgot to take it out any more.
Don't ask-don't tell or maybe I got lucky. I prefer to say that the Lord blessed me.
Anywho, no one made an issue of it.
I would allso guess that the other guest got "lucky" I remembered my meds.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 04:27:37 PM »
Well boys--I FORGOT to take it out of the truck when I first enetered one of the parks and, well, er, I just plain forgot to take it out any more.
Don't ask-don't tell or maybe I got lucky. I prefer to say that the Lord blessed me.
Blessings

An uinloaded firearm is permitted within the federal park system, but if found with a loaded weapon in your vehicle will land you in federal custody.  This of course is no excuse in the federal court system, not a state court but a federal court where when sentenced there is no early release program.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
I think this will explain it.  As I said, I often carry loaded in Federal Parks.  I don't think there would ever be a problem unles something happened, or you were subjected to a search.  If they search me while towing the trailer, there is telling what they may find, but the guns in the trailer are locked in the floor safe except at night when one comes out and is placed next to my side of the bed.  There is a loaded firearn in the truck at all times...........I'll take the chance.

I guess the only place I do make sure there is no firearm in the vehicle is when I cross into Mexico.........and that is likely the place I would most need it.

http://legallyarmed.com/parks.html

Offline mikedb

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »
Blessings

An uinloaded firearm is permitted within the federal park system, but if found with a loaded weapon in your vehicle will land you in federal custody.  This of course is no excuse in the federal court system, not a state court but a federal court where when sentenced there is no early release program.

I believe the first offense is a civil offense not criminal (INAL so check) which means fine and probably loss of gun but no jail.  In Michigan carry in some places was only a civil offense so if I were to make the mistake and carry it would be a fine, temp. suspension of CPL and loss of gun. 

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 01:19:47 AM »
Let's see now:  National Parks are the home to some very dangerous predatory wildlife, just the way 'gun-free' safety zones around inner city schools are the home to some very dangerous predatory streetlife, and you are going to allow some bureacraptic idjit to tell you when and how and where you can defend yourself?????

I don't think so............................ Mikey.