Author Topic: NEF 10 Ga choke  (Read 511 times)

Offline Scotsman1886

• Trade Count: (2)
NEF 10 Ga choke
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »
I am thinking of a 10 ga NEF, The fancy one with the interchangable choke tube. I hear that the included choke isn't much and there are better ones out there.
Who's chokes fit? Not just the 10 ga but the 12 ga as well?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: NEF 10 Ga choke
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 02:55:08 AM »
Any choke in the win-choke pattern will work.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline gr8gift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »
Mine seems to work with the browning chokes just fine. The threads are a exact match and length is correct compared to the factory NEF choke. The browning tubes don't extend past the end of the barrel though. I am not satisfied with the factory turkey choke pattern at all. But I just can't seem to get myself to spend over $100 for a choke tube on a $180.0o shotgun. That being said every turkey I've shot with my 10ga under 40yards has gone down like you've hit them in the head with a sledgehammer. I did get one at a lasered 48yards with the factory choke, I wouldn't have shot at that range except I miss judged the distance. I have heard the Rhino chokes are darn good.
There are no bad hunting days.

Offline trky chsr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »
I use the Hastings X-tra Full turkey choke with Browning threads out of mine and it's a solid 50yd turkey gun with Win. HV #4s. The choke was around $40.00 at Cabelas. TC