Author Topic: Unanswered emails to Beartooth Bullets  (Read 1138 times)

Offline BRL

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • Premium Nutrition
Unanswered emails to Beartooth Bullets
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
I have been emailing BearTooth Bullets for a month now in regard to their products. They have never answered back. I was wondering if someone could recommend a company with good cast hunting bullets for the .44 and .41 mag as I will not do business with a company who has such poor customer service. I own a business too and would not stand for that.

Also, maybe someone could help with the questions I ask in my email to BearTooth copied below.

Thanks for any suggestions and referrals.

"Hello,

After having an interest in starting to reload using cast bullets, I have recently found your company. I will be using your various .44 magnum bullets for range practice and hunting. However, today, my questions lye within the realm of rifle bullets. I do not yet reload for my rifle cartridges but have an interest. Maybe you can help me decide for which caliber I will start with.

I own a Remington 7400 in .30-06, a Browning BLR in 7mm-08 and a Handi Rifle in .243 as well as several military style rifles in .308 and .223. My goal is to develop "light" recoiling loads that I can enjoy, at length, at the range, but also be able to hunt deer sized game with that same load out to a distance of about 200 yards or less. For instance, loading the .30-06 to .30-30 standards. My question, after reading a lot of information on your site regarding your .44 bullets, is: how are cast bullets for rifles designed? Are they nonexpanding also? Can I assume that a 100 grain cast bullet (from your company) for a .243 would penetrate more than an expanding jacketed bullet? So, in that caliber, could I load to a lower velocity, get more (or equal) penetration and less recoil? My question would also apply to my other calibers listed. Or, would cast bullets still need to be loaded to higher velocities try and get expansion? Also, if the bullets do not expand, is a .243 or 7 mm bullet large enough (diameter wise) to create the necessary wound channel to kill deer sized game?

Thank you for any opinions or information that you are able to give that might help me in my decision making process. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,"
B. Leeber
Nutritional Biochemist

Offline BLASERMAN

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Unanswered emails to Beartooth Bullets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:54:34 AM »
   Calll the number on the site he will answer.

Offline rms4570hr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 07:13:46 AM »
   Try www.westernbullet.com they might have what your looking for.

rms270hr
You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 12:28:49 AM »
try mount baldy bullets and cast performance bullets if you want to buy the best.
blue lives matter

Offline Lvl1trauma

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 11:45:54 AM »
I often use e-mail as a measure of a company's customer service. If they don't answer, then they don't need my money.

Lvl1trauma

Offline BRL

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • Premium Nutrition
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »
Thanks guys!
B. Leeber
Nutritional Biochemist

Offline smk

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
Just call the number and you will get to talk to Marshall Stanton, the owner. He will answer all your questions. He is a very patient guy and Bearthooth has fantastic customer service and some of the best quality HAND cast bullets I have ever seen. Beartooth is a small business and the owner does a lot of the casting by hand and can't answer every email. Email backlog doesn't always equal poor customer service. I believe all of Beartooth's bullets are heat treated to BHN21-22 which makes them non expanding bullets  and the .243, 7mm and even 30 caliber would not be considered very suitable for big game hunting by most people. You will get a ton of penetration with these bullets even at moderate velocities. It may take up to 6 weeks for Beartooth to fill your order. All bullets are made to order and are not stocked.

Offline fowler

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »
I also will give Marshall a big thumbs up. Last year I ordered 500 bullets of assorted flavors and found the quality to be as good as any companies I have tried (way above the Cast Performance Company's bullets that appear to not have been heat treated as advertized on a couple of occations) and were very fair in price. Marshall was very slow in delivering them but had had a stroke or heart attack 2 or 3 days after my order so I was willing to cut him some slack! He was very patient in answering my questions on the phone and it was obvious his depth of knowledge on cast bullets was mind boggleing and right on the money. Also he has the most extensive selection of bullets of any company I have ever seen and he makes them all to order to your specs. My last order had to be molded and sized and were shipped in 72 hours, so I am not complaining.

Offline Racer X

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
I have spoken to Marshall on several occasions. He is very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Since he is strictly build to order, lead time is long, but I still prefer his bullets over Cast Performance.
Estranged eldest son of Mom and Pops Racer and older brother of legendary Mach V race car driver Speed Racer