Author Topic: Are they back?  (Read 528 times)

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Are they back?
« on: July 09, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »
 Still getting this message when attempting to open some threads. Anyone else?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer 
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Are they back?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:04:53 AM »
You'd do better to ask your questions regarding the status of forums in the help area that Matt is watching for them. He can give technical responses, I can only try to tell you what little I understand.

In general when I get any such error I minimize the forums and play a game of FreeCell or Solatarie and when I'm done it's back. I dunno the exact problem here but the lapses are usually quite temporary and it's seldom it's not back when I finish the game. Aggravating yes but until we complete the repairs it's gonna happen.

Matt had hoped to move to the new server last night but technical problems on the host's end prevented it. When you come back in the morning it should be done. He will be shutting the site down tonight to complete the transfer.

If you need a more technical or specific answer you need to get your question where Matt will see it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Are they back?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:36:28 PM »
Thank you, good idea.
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007