Author Topic: Gear ideas  (Read 1058 times)

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Gear ideas
« on: April 04, 2003, 07:16:54 AM »
I hit on a real bargain the other day and thought that I would share it with everyone. I was at Bass Pro Shops HQ in Springfield, Mo and went looking through the surplus outlet store.  I found a pair of 9" Rocky cordura realtree boots with gore-tex and suppress-scent in my size. I had trouble finding anything wrong with them until I read the tag and found that the top 4 lacers on the boots didn't match. The left one had hooks on it and the right one had eyes. I can live with that, especially with the price tag on it--$20. I've use these boots a couple of times and they are great! I have picked up similar bargains at the various cabela's outlets as well. Be sure to check out the return/discount areas. There are usually some great deals if you check them out. But beware, there is also some garbage, so look everything over closely.

Offline skandiaman

• Trade Count: (0)
Gear ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 01:44:44 AM »
I got a good deal on Cabelas brush buster brown camo waders in their bargin bin. The customer sent them back because he said there was a stain on them. You have to be pretty uptight to worry about a stain on brown camo. I never did see a stain. According to the size I think the guy should be more worried about a weight problem. I'm a big guy but the top is the size of a 55gal. drum.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Gear ideas
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 11:09:54 AM »
I see a lot of stuff a Cabela's with stain written on it and have yet to find any stains particulaly on camo stuff. Besides if it's hunting gear it's gonna probably be stained after the first outing anyway. If its a bargain it comes home.
Just another worthless opinion!!