Author Topic: Trigger woek  (Read 751 times)

Offline swiftman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Trigger woek
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »
My friend bought a HR 22 hornet new a week ago and the trigger pull must be close to 10lbs horrible. What does H@R charge to fix this beside the shipping. Who does he need to talk to if he calls them and what pull will they take it  down to ?

Offline rms4570hr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Trigger woek
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »
hey swiftman look in the FAQ and help yull will see the phone numbers for H&R and new england about half way down the forum page. when i called about my 45/70 barrel i talked to Mr. gordon.

rms270hr
You know handi rifles are like lays potato chip's with the chip's you can't eat just one same with the handi rifle's you can't buy just one.

rms270hr

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 06:46:18 PM »
If I were sending the frame in for a barrel or 3, I'd ask em to do a free trigger job, they'll reduce it to about 3lbs. If no barrels are wanted, just do your own trigger job, instructions are in the FAQ and Help, many first timers here have done their own trigger jobs and are extremely happy with the results.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jack19512

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:45:47 PM »
I would like to have a trigger job on my new 17 Mach II, I read the instructions but I have to admit I am just too chicken to try it. 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 02:16:58 PM »
Jack, that's what gunsmiths are for. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jack19512

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »
Jack, that's what gunsmiths are for. ;)

Tim

Yes I agree, if you can find a competent one that won't charge you an arm and a leg.  And if you don't live in a small town, you know, where they have the usual gunsmith/barber shop setup.  A town where competent gunsmiths are scarce as hens teeth. 

Offline Awf Hand

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 02:35:16 AM »
Jack,

Plan A:
Go to the Brownells website and order a new trigger and hammer.  Do the work on your parts and if you hose them up you're not out a whole lot.

Plan B:
Just take the gun apart and put it back together with the pins and pivots polished.  You'll have taken away virtually NO metal, and you may drop a pound or so off of the pull.  If there is no file or stone involved, it's hard to screw up.

Either way it's a great confidence builder and soon you'll be cutting your own gain-twist rifling!
Just my Awf Hand comments...