Author Topic: .32 Smith & Wesson Long?  (Read 356 times)

Offline Mrserenity

• Trade Count: (0)
.32 Smith & Wesson Long?
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »
I'm thinking about buying a 32 magnum revolver and loading it with .32 S&W Long because of recoil reasons.  What is the better round for self defense .32 S&W Long or .32 acp?   I had a .32 guardian and could handle it well - I have small hands - didn't experience any barrel tip up.   But I don't like the jamming of sem-auto pistols. So, i'm not interested in a semi right now.  I shot a .38 snub nose and the recoil almost took snatched my hand & writs from my arm. ;D  How much recoil does a .32 magnum loaded with .32 S&W long has?  And do you suggest a revolver with a 2 inch, 3 inch or 4 inch barrel?  Thanks.

Offline MS Hitman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: .32 Smith & Wesson Long?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »
As far as the .32 S&W Long vs. the ACP; you seem to have answered which is "better" for you.  You will experience very little recoil with the .32 S&W Longs shot in a revolver chambered for the H&R Mag.  However, the factory mag cartridges are loaded down to the point where you may want to try them. As far as barrel length, that will be a matter of personal preference as well as what is available to you.  Velocity wise, it will not make very much difference.

Hope this helps.