Author Topic: Taurus Model 605 357 problem?????????????????  (Read 769 times)

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Taurus Model 605 357 problem?????????????????
« on: July 23, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »
I just bought a NEW model 605 in 357.  This is the HAMERLESS version.  The problem is: I took it out today to shoot some 38 spec and some 357 factory loads.   If i slowly squeezed the trigger, the rounds would NOT fire, the firing pin would lightly dent the primer.  If I squeezed the hell [real fast jerking motion]out of the trigger they would fire. Is this common with hamerless revolvers?  I bought this for a carry gun, I NEED to trust it and as of now I dont.  Any advise on techique or what I should do??

Thanks
Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Old Griz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Taurus Model 605 357 problem?????????????????
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »
Any advise on techique or what I should do??

Yeah, but it's too late. Never buy a Taurus!
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 06:07:02 AM »
What gives with Taurus Griz??

Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »
Sorry. I've just had too many problems with them. The "Lifetime Warranty" simply means that you can keep sending it back to them—several times for the same problem—at $25 a pop. I just got fed up with crappy guns, and crappy service. I know some folks have 'em and love 'em, I'm just not one of those folks!
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Dan Cash

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 02:10:23 PM »

Buy and install a Wolf spring kit.  While the gun is apart, use some crocus cloth laid flat on glass to hone the flat surfaces of hammer, trigger and rebouond slide to debur it.  This should fix your problem but don't buy any more Tarus.

Offline Ifishsum

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »
I had the exact same problem with my Gaucho, turned out the transfer bar was slightly short.  If you followed through with the trigger pull (or gave it a fast jerk), it went off but if you gave it a light touch it wouldn't.  The shop I bought it from sent it back to Taurus for me (gratis) and I had it back in less than 3 weeks, all fixed.