Author Topic: Are you willing to fight the war on terror?  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Are you willing to fight the war on terror?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 07:04:46 PM »
I had the privilege of meeting a WWII vet today.  I posed this question, and he answered much in the same manner the gentleman that TM7 mentions in the beginning of this thread.

I believe that too many people have already forgotten about the attrocities committed on 9/11.  Right, wrong, or indifferent the war in Iraq must be finished by us.  If we cut and run we send a message loud and clear to these terrorists - we can't finish what we start so if you give us enough of a hard time we'll back down.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with individualls that down't even recognize the word diplomacy much less abide by anything that is agreed to.  I'm troubled by the protesters and nay-sayers who fail to recognize what/who we're dealing with.

As far as the wire tapping goes; it doesn't bother me because I have nothing to hide.  I'm willing to make those sacrifices - except the right to bear arms.  They might come in handy when these guys try and take over.  We seem to lack the fortitude to fight the good fight.  We have all of the capablilities; let's put it to them!  I worry that it will take yet another attack on our homeland to finally get people to realize what we are up against.  But if things go as they seem to go people will probably say it was Bush's fault.  If we hadn't invaded Iraq this would'nt have happened!

I also pray for our president, our country, and the men and women in our armed services.  You all take care!

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 01:47:29 AM »
Ironglow and Ramos......you both make fine points........and I do agree.........but our military is to small and spread to thin......I don't see that we could start an effective front in syria, Iran, and North Korea all at the same time.

What would you guys think about starting a draft and really getting serious about things?

heck, we're not even serious enough to look after our borders..........

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 04:19:30 AM »
No draft--just nuke the bastards.
Swingem

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 06:44:31 PM »
Victorcharlie, you're right about that.  A multi-front war is certainly out of the question.  Of course, if Korea, Syria, and Iran decided to take us on; then a draft would certainly be needed.  Some allies wouldn't hurt either.  While a nuke is always an option; that would just bring a whole other host of issues.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 10:56:08 AM »
TM7;
   I don't just accept the govt version of what happened on 9/11..I mainly accept the version offered by thousands upon thousands of witnesses..

VC;
  As many of you know, I have a grandson that just got back from north west of Ramadi..he is Marine Spec Ops and he was in combat virtually every day while there.
   I have talked to him and many of the Marines he serves with, concerning the possibility of a draft...

They are all of one opinion..no draft !..Don't need it !
   Those young Marines don't want to have to depend upon someone that doesn't want to be there...or someone who is too frightened to voluntarily serve on his own.

They really don't want the sick, lame and lazy...they wouild be more of a burden than a help..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)