Author Topic: New stock for youth Handi  (Read 333 times)

Offline grouper sandwich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.fishingworks.com/groupersandwich/
New stock for youth Handi
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:19:26 AM »
I bought my oldest daughter (11) a youth model Handi (243) last year and it's just not working out.  It kicks too hard, is too loud and she finally admitted that she only wants to sit with me deer hunting and has no desire to actually kill one.  Sooooooooo, I now have this rifle that doesn't fit me and that my child doesn't want.  I hate selling guns because well, I just do.  Plus, I've always wanted a 243 and have never bought one.  Can the stock on that gun be switched to a full size stock so that I can use it?  If so, how easy it to switch?

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
Re: New stock for youth Handi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:44:47 AM »
It is as simple as taking out two screws in the recoil pad and then a 10 mm socket to remove the bolt and the stock is off.  You can order any stock they make factory from H&R or you can buy them most any time on EBAY or in the classifieds section here.  Your choices are many.  Good luck.

Josh

Offline grouper sandwich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.fishingworks.com/groupersandwich/
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »
Thanks! 8)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »
It is as simple as taking out two screws in the recoil pad and then a 10 mm socket to remove the bolt and the stock is off.

Josh

Make that a 9/16" or 14mm socket, a 10mm won't fit and you'll get real frustrated trying!! You need about 12" of extension to install the full length stock, too!!

Another alternative is to just put a slip on recoil pad right over the existing pad, the length will be real close to just right.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain