Author Topic: Terrorists Stopped / could we have done the same?  (Read 727 times)

Offline WmRoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
Terrorists Stopped / could we have done the same?
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:53:31 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/10/D8JDHCLG0.html

This is incredible!  I was up late last night and watched this all pop up on Fox News.  I'm wondering if with all the nonsense that we have to deal with the "PC" crowd if we could do the same?  Non-the-less, Britian has a real problem on it's hands with it's exploding Muslim population........ it appears these folks are at least partially 'home grown'............ :(

Offline magooch

Re: Terrorists Stopped / could we have done the same?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:24:58 AM »
Hmm, exploding Muslim population.  Sounds like a good idea to me.  What kind of explosive should we use?
Swingem

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 04:34:04 AM »
That's pretty amazing  :o

I for one, will not be going ANYWHERE this Sep 11th.  Fifth year anniversary seems like a good time for some of the sleeper cells here in the States to "make a statement" (especially with all of the other nonsense the US has its paws in).

I think the US (Americans) short attention span is going to bite us in the butt here shortly.  It's been TOO QUITE for TOO LONG. ::)

The sad part is...because no one here was DIRECTLY affected by this, folks will continue to bitch-&-moan about how long the lines are the airports.  Can you imagine the riots if they enforced a "no carry-on" policy HERE in the States for even one flight?
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »
On the news this evening they showed a map of several cities in the United States that they believe were targets, Lou KY, Chicago, Miami, and my wife couldn't remember the rest. They said that the Godless ones planned to blow them up over pre selected cities. Will watch tonight for more news. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »
It is getting down to it and it is going to be either them or us.There is not enough room on this planet for hate filled muslims and those of us of the non-islamic persuasion to co-exist.  Will we sacrifcie ourselves on the altar of political correctness or will we saddle up and do what needs to be done?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »
Americans have been safe for so long that we all have a false sence of secutity.  The terrorist threat is real and present, it is no longer a matter of "If", today it is "When." 

With our immigration practices, I am sure we currently have thousands of terrorist on American soil.  They are biding their time, waiting for instruction and/or an opportunity to do damage.  What concerns me is how many have slipped through the cracks while our elected officials have their backs turned, and how many more will join them before we tighten up our border controls?

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »
With our immigration practices, I am sure we currently have thousands of terrorist on American soil.  They are biding their time, waiting for instruction and/or an opportunity to do damage. 

There are...and they are....  Enjoying the same rights and freedoms as the next guy.

Americans forget VERY quickly.  When 9/11 happened, it was all over the news "life in America will never be the same".  It never will be, but we tend to try to let it drift right back to where it was.  Complaining about security measures because they are inconvenient, complaining about other measures the government takes because they are an invasion of privacy or attack on civil liberties.

We will get caught with our pants down again, and those very folks that blame the government for going overboard on security will be standing in line to blame the government for not being able to protect us.  It's a vicious cycle.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Ka6otm

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »
I've heard about the long lines at security but haven't seen them materialize.

I left Las Vegas Friday the 11th at 12:55PM and it took me and the wife around 4 minutes to get through security.  We had around 4 people in front of us.  This was on a flight to Phoenix.

The pain was the wife throwing away all her cosmetics, lotions, creams and all the other stuff she carries.  I only tossed gel deodorant.

Accidently smuggled the toothpaste, though....

Lots of women complaining at the gate and on the plane.

Ka6otm

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 08:14:15 AM »
I've heard about the long lines at security but haven't seen them materialize.

I left Las Vegas Friday the 11th at 12:55PM and it took me and the wife around 4 minutes to get through security.  We had around 4 people in front of us.  This was on a flight to Phoenix.

The pain was the wife throwing away all her cosmetics, lotions, creams and all the other stuff she carries.  I only tossed gel deodorant.

Accidently smuggled the toothpaste, though....

Lots of women complaining at the gate and on the plane.

Ka6otm

I can't imagine all the women griping about having to toss their 'broken in' lipstick......... I know my wife really pitches a fit if she loses or breaks a tube of lipstick that she has 'formed' the way she likes it....... I think it's just another one of those 'woman things' that us guys just can't relate too........... ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline covertcowboy

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 09:12:19 AM »
It is getting down to it and it is going to be either them or us.There is not enough room on this planet for hate filled muslims and those of us of the non-islamic persuasion to co-exist.  Will we sacrifcie ourselves on the altar of political correctness or will we saddle up and do what needs to be done?

but that would offend the muslims...  >:(

we can't do that!
me?
give you my wallet?
...ain't gonna happen bub

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

but that would offend the muslims...  >:(

we can't do that!

Certainly not........... :-X ??? :o >:(