Author Topic: power belt perforance  (Read 1611 times)

Offline kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
power belt perforance
« on: December 06, 2002, 05:00:04 AM »
:D    Befoer my T?C hawkin lost all accuracy, it has been shooting power belts (no scope) for three years and have had excllent results this year have noticed the accuracy fadeing wasn't nothing to do with the bullets or load just found out last week that the reason the accuracy had left the barrel was due to the practice of a fiberglass ram rod thats been on it for 20 odd years it finally eroded the muzzle oval this rile barrel has many many round balls shot through her and allways conducted herself flawlssly sent the barrle back and now shooting good again the barrel has a 1:48 twist, a friend shoots power belts in his lyman great plains hunter 1:32 twist and gets real great groups.
    next spring going to buy a t/c ecore with a 209x50 to hunt with.
                                              kevin
TOS violation warning given 4-2-05 Account deactivated 4-5-05. E-mail GB to get reinstated.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
powerbelt bullets and 1:48 twist
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 11:58:10 AM »
I shoot 285 geain power belts in my T/C Hawken. At 75 yards I can have then touch each other with the tang peep site.  100 grians of goex ffg black powder. It is deadly
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.