Author Topic: Need your imput to Remington Arms Co.  (Read 533 times)

Offline loaded4bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Need your imput to Remington Arms Co.
« on: August 24, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »
I need the assistance of fellow Remington owners & shotgun deer hunters in convincing Remington Arms Co. to bring a 20 ga rifled deer barrel to market for the model 1100 shotgun. Currently the only 20ga. cantilever scope mount barrel for the model 1100 is manufactured by Hastings, and it is only available in a high gloss finish, 24" tube. I'm imploring Remington to manufacture one in a matte finish to compliment their "special purpose" series of 1100's, at 20" in length to improve handling. Below is my letter to Remington, followed by the company's response. If they see there's an interest in such a product, maybe they will bring it to market. Remington can be emailed at:
 http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/remington.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=p3C3_Vfi&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0zMTQmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**

Q: I'm writing to inquire about the possibility of Remington offering a cantilever scope mount barrel for the Remington 1100 20ga. special purpose. Ideally I would like to see a 20" fully rifled version in matte finish to compliment the special purpose series guns. There are many of us who hunt in "shotgun only" states (like NJ), or portions of other states too developed to allow rifle hunting, that would be interested in such an offering. With the rapid development of sabot slug technology over the last few years, particularly in 20 ga. ammo, I know such an offering would be well received. Many youth hunters (and adults as well) would prefer this offering over the brutish recoil of the 12 ga. counterpart. Please advise & put me on the list for one of these new barrels!

A:  Thank you for contacting Remington Country.  We do not offer a cantilevered 20 1100 barrel at this time and do not have one scheduled for production in the near future.

At this time we are unable to provide information regarding 2007 new products or future development due to competitive reasons. Normally this type of proprietary information is kept secret until the product line is approved for the upcoming year. We usually announce new product information in middle to late December after our annual sales meeting.
NRA ( life member)
NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife WCC (volunteer)
NJDF&W Hunter Education Instructor
New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs (member)

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Need your imput to Remington Arms Co.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »

I bought a rifled 12 guage barrel for my 870 last year. It was made by mossberg. They make several barrels for remington shotguns. I think they are more likely to help you than Remington.