Author Topic: price check please  (Read 502 times)

Offline FATTTTDADDY

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
price check please
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »
 i found a ss 243 handi used withe cheapo bsa 225.00 out the door it looks good but looks like tiny rust dots on the barell how would ya get that off?anyway let me know

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: price check please
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:42:45 PM »
IMO- it is over priced

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »
Walmart's price is just over $200, no rust! The scope is a give-away, I wouldn't count it in the deal unless it has nice rings, the rust is a negative even tho it may be easy to remove with #0000 steel wool and gun oil. Used Handis usually go for $150-$175, sometimes even less.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »
I would count the scope as zero & that makes the gun too high.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:51:25 PM »
Walmart's price is just over $200, no rust! The scope is a give-away, I wouldn't count it in the deal unless it has nice rings, the rust is a negative even tho it may be easy to remove with #0000 steel wool and gun oil. Used Handis usually go for $150-$175, sometimes even less.

Tim

Tim, that's the way it used to be in my area, but now the used ones in very good condition are almost as high as the new ones, especially the Ultras. I think the locals have found out something, dang it!!  ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
To be honest with ya, I don't see many used ones here, if any, I have to go by what others have reported they find em for. Every time I pick up a new Handi at my FFL, they don't have any NEF or H&R rifles, once they had a used Pardner, tho, and they have a lot of used rifles in their racks, just none of the right kind!!

I've looked in a couple pawn shops, they usually have a shotgun, but never found a rifle yet, got an idea they don't last long when they put em up for sale, and for good reason!

Recently I looked for a K31, looked for Handis too, never found any used, anywhere. New ones at Sportsmans Warehouse, GI Joes and FMS.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain