Author Topic: Good luck  (Read 1251 times)

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Good luck
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »
Good luck MN hunters bear hunting this weekend.  I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow.  Everyone make sure to post pics if you have the pleasure of shooting one  :) B Safe
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline USMC0332

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Good luck
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »
Thanks, I hope, therefore I hunt! Get a bigun'

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »
Nothin' for me this year.. Out of 6 hunters, we filled 1 tag.  The bear just weren't as agressive as previous years, and definitely not as much sign.  Deer season is 2 months and counting... Ahhhhh.......... Sure saw some dandy bucks.   8)
HuntingGuy

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Bldr Bob

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:05:33 AM »
Wow, I just found this forum now and love it.  I would have voted also but it looks like there is enough of us MN guys here to make it happen.  I just got back from my BWCAW bear hunt, had a blast and bagged a nice boar to boot.  This was my first BWCAW bear hunt and I don't think I will be going anywhere else bear hunting for a while at least until my body can't take it anymore. I have been to the BWCA many times and for really long trips but none of it compared the the work involved for this hunt.  It did make it that much sweeter when we brought home a bear.

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »
Bob,

Sounds great!-- I'm envious.  Congrats on bagging a nice boar.  Got pics??  I think I'm going to start looking at booking a hunt in Canada for black bear.  They have some bigg'uns for sure.  We usually do very well up on our land, 8 bear for 7 hunters last year.  Ho Hum, I've got bear fever  8)
HuntingGuy

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:51 PM »
Also.. you bet, I hope we have enough guys to at least make this forum more active.  I'd like to see folks talking a lot more than they are now.. Would be nice to figure out where everyone is hunting and exchange some tips to make everyone's experience hunting here better.  Hunt swaps wouldnt be a bad idea either.
HuntingGuy

Offline Bldr Bob

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 07:21:55 AM »
I tend to hunt in a few different locations.  I live in St. Paul but have a cabin in North Western Wisconsin, we also have hunting land up by Big Falls, MN which is where I go for deer.  My friends all have hunting land and cabins in Bruno, Cook, and Lutsen.  So any given weekend in the fall I am somewhere different. 

We were thinking next year we might make take the bear hunt to another level and try to get permits to enter and hunt the Quetico.  I haven't been up there in a 9 years.

Offline Bldr Bob

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 07:27:25 AM »
Oh and I do have a ton of pictures just none of them are digital.  We only bring disposables out in the canoes that way we are not out a ton of money if something gets wet.  I will be getting some scanned soon.

Offline HuntingGuy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »
Bob, sounds great!!
HuntingGuy