Author Topic: Around of drinks...  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Lady Graybeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Around of drinks...
« on: April 11, 2003, 11:13:12 AM »
for everyone.  This has been along time in coming but I would like to take this time to celebrate finding a couple of cousins on the Cowboy Action Forum.  They are ButlerFord45 and Capt Hamp Cox.  I would like to buy them an extra drink to let them know that I am proud to have them as apart of my family.

Faye
Old Proverb
A sorrow shared is but half a trouble,
But a joy that's shared is a joy made double.

Offline Capt Hamp Cox

• A Real Regular
Around of drinks...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 11:24:07 AM »
Just wouldn't be "family" if I didn't accept your generosty.  Gotta be real careful, tho, 'cause if you kick that old family woodpile too hard, there's no tellin' just what might crawl out.  

Seriously, Lady Graybeard's really got a good genealogy forum going, and you can tell it is a labor of love for her.  

Next round's on me.

PS:  Think I've got a herniated disc (should have MRI results tomorrow), and sitting behind a monitor has become very painful.  Have had to curtail my on-line time considerably.
Careful is a naked man climbin' a bobwire fence.  

Offline Lady Graybeard

• Avid Poster
Around of drinks...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 04:03:40 PM »
Hamp,

I wouldn't mind kicking the old woodpile if I could find more cousins like you and Butler.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Faye
Old Proverb

Offline williamlayton

Around of drinks...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 11:48:31 PM »
sorry to here about the disc--been wonderin where ya were--took a couple of shots at ya to see ifin i could stir ya up--now i know why ya didn't stir. :grin:  kiddin aside - we will pray for a quick recovery w/out any surgury.
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
Around of drinks...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 05:41:34 PM »
Captain, sorry t hear about yer back. :(  We sure miss ya around here. Best wishes and prayers, friend!

P.S.  Lady Graybeard, glad ta have ya back in the saloon!  :D
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Around of drinks...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 12:14:56 AM »
:D  Howdy Ya'll , thank you cuz' fer the hospitality.  
Captn', I'm really sorry to hear about the back,  I got you in my prayers.
I believe we can let the celebrity buy the next round, 'specially since Holliday's got his picture in this month's Cowboy Cronical!
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline williamlayton

Around of drinks...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 01:24:58 AM »
doc got his picture in sumtnin--uh-well are sure it wasn't a mug shot--is he wanted fer suspecion or somthin :twisted:  :-D  :-D
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Lady Graybeard

• Avid Poster
Around of drinks...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 03:40:34 AM »
Holiday,

Thank you. I really enjoy being here.  I would like to buy you a drink to celebrate getting your picture in the Cowboy Cronical.
Old Proverb

Offline Lady Graybeard

• Avid Poster
Around of drinks...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 03:55:49 AM »
Butler,

You are welcome. It meant alot to me to get to meet you and Deb. I enjoyed the time we were together and I hope that we can do it again.
Old Proverb

Offline Holiday

• Contributor
    • http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-holidayhayes
Around of drinks...
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 07:01:59 AM »
Why thankyou Butler and Lady Graybeard! Did ya notice they misspelled "Holiday Hayes" and spelled "Holiday HAY"? Oh, well, what the "hay"!  :)  Fortunately the picture wasn't a frontal shot or I would have broken the camera!  :-D

P.S. William,
The mug shots and wanted posters don't come out till next month!  :D
Holiday Hayes
Darksider, Gunfighter
"Just a simple Cowboy, tryin' ta git along"

Offline Capt Hamp Cox

• A Real Regular
Around of drinks...
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 08:36:49 AM »
Really appreciate your concerns expressed here and over at the Prayer Posse.  Saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and was advised that I have "Cervical Myelopathy".  Bottom line is that my spinal cord is being compressed, causing pain and weakness in my right arm/hand, as well as adversely affecting my gait (before williamlayton asks, I'll let you know right now it is my front gait).  Although five vertebrae and four discs are involved and could be repaired during one surgical procedure, Doc seems to think I've got too many hard miles on me, and advises we take care of the two worst discs first (8 or 9 May), and see how things go.  Procedure (Cervical Discectomy and Fusion) will require incisions in both the front and back of my neck, removal of the affected discs, removal of a couple of small pieces of bone from my hip and placement of same in the newly vacated disc space where they will fuze with the vertebrae above and below.  He'll probably add some metal strips attached with screws to further stabilize the fuzed vertebrae.  He says I should pretty much be good to go by the end of the summer, and assured me I'd be able to handle high power rifle and 12 ga shotgun recoil again without any problem, but that I'd probably lose considerable neck mobility.  Was really looking forward to an active summer of CAS, but guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with looking forward to getting back into CAS in the fall.

Thanks again for your concern and encouraging words.

Hamp
Careful is a naked man climbin' a bobwire fence.  

Offline williamlayton

Around of drinks...
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 02:28:30 PM »
well i'm believing better things from our lord-we will keep the lines open and ask him to intervene-i know he can because i have seen him do it.
you know this is gettin scary-your begennin to catch onto my screwy way of seein thangs--you need to watch ou for that boy-i'm tellin ya it's dangereous :wink:
you will be fine.
blesssings
TEXAS, by GOD